Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by bbin View Post
Hello everyone!

Been stalking here since the first rumours of n900 and now finally registered

Not a coder but definetly a gadget freak and a full hearted open source supporter from Finland
Welcome, bbin, I think most of this forum's members are gaget freaks, or at least geeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rafanto View Post
I note with pleasure that maemo users are increasingly more!
At the time of the first 770 were few . Even in ITALY thanks to the support and info of maemo.org & my rafanto.net many users are approaching to the New World revolutionary MAEMO & Nokia Internet Tablet

regards

Antonio
Welcome, Antonio, to the forum!

Originally Posted by avnee View Post
Hello

This is a nice thread to welcome the new comers.
I have joined this discussion boards this year because of my N810.
I am from India, studying 12th grade science stream.
With the upcoming use of WIFI in India, people have started using the internet tablets too. This makes me come here.
Nokia's doing a gr8 job when it comes to maemo devices.
Future seems brighter for maemo. Soon more and more utility based apps might come up!!
All my queries are answered to.
Thanks to all wonderfull people.

Best regards,
Avnee.
Welcome, Avnee, I only use WiFi. Have it at work, at home, and my city where I live has free WiFi throughout the whole city.

Originally Posted by Jucato View Post
Greetings from the Philippines! Not exactly a "newly joined" member (registered last March), but only became active very recently, partly due to the N900. Hope I can get one soon (the price is very prohibitive and not sure if it will be available here). In the meantime, gonna continue enjoying my N810 and see what I can still do in Diablo and/or Mer.
Welcome, Jucato, nice to hear from the Phillippines!

Originally Posted by joenix View Post
Hi all!
I am a Freerunner user from Belgium. I have been trying Mer on my Freerunner recently and like it very much.
If the N900 will prove open enough to use it reliably as a phone under Mer, I'll be happy to buy one as well. This is part of why I'm trying to get Ofono to run on Mer on the Freerunner at the moment
I also have some experience with image processing, so I'm also interested in mobile augmented reality and the such.
Welcome, joenix, to the forum!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by avnee View Post
Hello

This is a nice thread to welcome the new comers.
I have joined this discussion boards this year because of my N810.
I am from India, studying 12th grade science stream.
With the upcoming use of WIFI in India, people have started using the internet tablets too. This makes me come here.
Nokia's doing a gr8 job when it comes to maemo devices.
Future seems brighter for maemo. Soon more and more utility based apps might come up!!
All my queries are answered to.
Thanks to all wonderfull people.

Best regards,
Avnee.
welcome avnee! we're all pretty optimistic about maemo's future here too

The Following User Says Thank You to paperscissors For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
I just signed up last night... currently have an iPhone 3GS on at&t but preordered the N900 in anticipation of a switch back to T-Mobile. I've just hit a wall with the closed-platform nature of the iPhone. Looking forward to developing/port apps to Maemo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hypnotik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
I just signed up last night... currently have an iPhone 3GS on at&t but preordered the N900 in anticipation of a switch back to T-Mobile. I've just hit a wall with the closed-platform nature of the iPhone. Looking forward to developing/port apps to Maemo
Welcome, Hypnotik, to the forum. I was hoping I could use an N900 with Verizon carrier. T-mobile has terrible coverage where I live.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Welcome, Hypnotik, to the forum. I was hoping I could use an N900 with Verizon carrier. T-mobile has terrible coverage where I live.
Yeah... here in NYC t-mobile actually has pretty decent coverage while at&t's network is collapsing from the number of iphones. my friends using the G1 report no problems with their 3g speed

Hi guys!

I still use an N82 and waited quite a bit for a worthy successor. The Iphone does some things really great but since the majority of people don't care for multitasking, openness or high resolution, apple does neither. Android seems way cooler in most respects but I won't wait another year for an Android device with decent specs. Now along comes Nokia, finally abandoning their Symbian-only phones stubornness. It's still unclear to me whether or not the N900 will feature an electronic compass which is mandatory for augmented reality. I guess AR will become a bigger topic in the near future - at least for wow-effect if not for practical value. Obviously a bunch of other potential buyers are anxiously awaiting an official confirmation. I could live without capacitive display and fm-receiving functionality and hope for prosperous application development/adaptation from linux but I could not justify shelling out 600 euros knowing that AR won't happen on the N900.

Cool forum, anyway! If i finally opt for the N900 and if studying computer science (which I just enrolled in) will help me with the geekier possibilites the device offers, I look forward to spend some time in this forum.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to konsiderulo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org