Are we being serious here...the device is released (confirmed release from Nokia to boot) and people still find some reason to complain. C'mon people, to update a firmware is a press of a button and an internet connection. Then to complain about not being part of the "300" team, or seeing specific bugs and results, get a life. Some of us don't work for Nokia, thus they are not responsible for releasing every specific detail to the public. This is how corporations work, I thought people knew this by now.

*Sorry if I come across hostile but today is my sick day and I'm quite aggravated for no apparent reason.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to toratoko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
FYI: I just talked to Dell (they are still showing the guestimate delivery date of 10 Dec), and finally got to someone who looked up the status of the shipment coming from Nokia. Dell is estimating that shipments will head out to customers on 19 November.

Hope this helps.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Originally Posted by toratoko View Post
Are we being serious here...the device is released (confirmed release from Nokia to boot) and people still find some reason to complain. C'mon people, to update a firmware is a press of a button and an internet connection. Then to complain about not being part of the "300" team, or seeing specific bugs and results, get a life. Some of us don't work for Nokia, thus they are not responsible for releasing every specific detail to the public. This is how corporations work, I thought people knew this by now.

*Sorry if I come across hostile but today is my sick day and I'm quite aggravated for no apparent reason.

Have to agree with you....

Waiting is painful, but in the end you realise that's half of the fun. I've never felt this way about any other device and I'm dying to get my hands on it... I thank nokia for giving me this feeling

Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
FYI: I just talked to Dell (they are still showing the guestimate delivery date of 10 Dec), and finally got to someone who looked up the status of the shipment coming from Nokia. Dell is estimating that shipments will head out to customers on 19 November.

Hope this helps.
Sweet news! My estimated ship date is Dec 7. Everytime I asked Dell they told me 'only production knows when it will really ship, that is just an estimate.'

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Quite honestly, not being sure about the ship date until the date of the shipping is a rather sad statement.
I think it tells how efficient Nokia's logistic chain is. You can make changes until the very last possible moment, and when you decide to release, you get your devices quickly to the shops and the customers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
At least there should be posts here this weekend by actual users of a final release version. The motherload will be next the weekend

Is this some kind of April fool joke? I thought this device won't come out until 2012.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Is this some kind of April fool joke? I thought this device won't come out until 2012.
wake up sun, go grab yourself a cup of coffee.

This is good news, but I think the happiest guy is the one with the bricked pre-release n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
this one is really great
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxiOKKF721U
I just had to favorite it ... long lives the N900