Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I still have my N9 and N900s, and plan to keep them forever, but...

Monthly wireless provider fees are insanely high, it seems to me, so I've gone to Republic Wireless and its monthly fee of $19 + tax. It's only available in the US and you have to get a compatible phone, which gives you a range of ... one choice at present, the Motorola Defy XT. The theory is that people who have wireless frequently available can use it instead of 3g and save the company money, with the savings passed on to customers.

I think it will eventually fail, but in the meantime I'm happy to be part of it, even though I have to use a pre ice cream sandwich version of Android. I can run most of the programs I want to run, gps seems to work well, etc.

Republic Wireless is easy to find with a search program.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I still have my N9 and N900s, and plan to keep them forever, but...

Monthly wireless provider fees are insanely high, it seems to me, so I've gone to Republic Wireless and its monthly fee of $19 + tax. It's only available in the US and you have to get a compatible phone, which gives you a range of ... one choice at present, the Motorola Defy XT. The theory is that people who have wireless frequently available can use it instead of 3g and save the company money, with the savings passed on to customers.

I think it will eventually fail, but in the meantime I'm happy to be part of it, even though I have to use a pre ice cream sandwich version of Android. I can run most of the programs I want to run, gps seems to work well, etc.

Republic Wireless is easy to find with a search program.
I work with republic wireless... Get a pay as you go on at&t or T-Mobile...

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4