Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by ono-sendai View Post
1. download Phoenix from here
2. close antivirus
3. install Phoenix as administrator
Is this really the standard procedure people use to install windoze software???
Find a shady location of a cracked/pirated SW, and then turn off the virus protection before installing

OMG I am glad I do not need to have anything to do with Microsoft platforms

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
@juiceme: you forgot you have to run the installation with administrator privilege

Without admin privilege, the installation can't access a disk location and aborts
If you don't stop the antivirus, the installation looks for a dongle and aborts

I found the same link here and here, then I trust enough

Rather if exist another way, even under Ubuntu, i'm ready
Meantime, the countdown to press "refurbished" was started

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Rather if exist another way, even under Ubuntu, i'm ready
Meantime, the countdown to press "refurbished" was started
Well, I'm no expert but Rainisto is, and when he says something I belive it to be true.
He has said that there is no advantage in using Phoenix, there's nothing that phoenix can do that cannot be accomplished by flasher.

Hence, I belive Phoenx will not help you.

Update
I tried the Rainisto's method under Windows and Ubuntu on different PC for some hours.
Same result: no connection beetwen PC and phone
The only sign of life of the N9 is a white led pulse that sometime happens when the phone is connected with the PC

It exists a last solution or I can only try until something happens or until the battery will be discharged?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
If your having problems getting flashing starting, you can try pressing powerbutton 30seconds while usb cable is connected and flasher has been started for hard reboot, usually that goes to flashing mode directly.

More drastic way is to remove the battery and connect the cable and start the flasher, and then reconnect the battery. Only 1 device out of 10000 needs dismantling in order to revocery.

And if bootloader is really blanc and device doesnt respond even to hard reboot, then you can use "-c" flag for cold reflash.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Nothing to do
The N9 is dead and i'm the killer
Thank you Rainisto, thank you all

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
The only sign of life of the N9 is a white led pulse that sometime happens when the phone is connected with the PC
I had this sometimes when my N950 runs out of battery power.
This is what I do:
Connect with USB to the PC.
Wait until the led blinks.
Disconnect. If the phone does not turn off (display light is on,
display stays black), press power button for 20 sec, until
the phone display is totally black.
Repeat the steps. Sometimes I have to do this up to 20 times
before the phone starts charging (led pulses slowly).

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
It's amazing, after my N9 got stolen I went for S4, but still I come to this site daily to check for anything new. Don't know what I expect to find but I check anyway. It was indeed one of the best phone s ever built