Posts: 142 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ London
I've tried various file managers and the GPE one seems the most civilized of them.

At the moment I'm happy enough gaining root in Xterm but it'd be handy to be able to do so in GPE-File Manager too. How can I do that?

sudo gainroot puts Xterm in root but doesn't affect GPE-FM.

I'm trying to put the Wayfinder app in Personal Menu and it seems to need the executable name entered in the PM set up to run from there so I want to root around and find it.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
There is a brief explanation how to run apps as root (for personal menu) here: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...6&postcount=33 You will have to change it to launch GPE-filemanager (unless you follow the mehtod to let everything launch as root).

Also, for the map application you can just add a new entry and select "Map" from the list of installed applications. Does that work for you?

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ London
Also, for the map application you can just add a new entry and select "Map" from the list of installed applications. Does that work for you?
It didn't, nothing was happening at all and I thought it probably was buggy. Seeing that it obviously worked for you, I unistalled, hard rebooted, re-installed and hard re-booted and tried again. Lo, it works! Thanks for that.