I'm getting the following error, only when building using FREMANTLE_ARMEL target. X86 builds fine and prior to some edits on an another file, which is included in the .cpp file, so did ARMEL. I've AFAIK undone the previous changes, reinstalled libqt4-dev. shy of posting all source, any suggestions what to look for? can't find mentioned dump either.

/usr/bin/moc -DQT_GL_NO_SCISSOR_TEST -DQT_DEFAULT_TEXTURE_GLYPH_CACHE_WIDTH=1024 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_MAEMO5_LIB -DQT_DECLARATIVE_LIB -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-maemo5 -I. -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtCore -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtGui -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtXml -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtSql -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtWebKit -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtDeclarative -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include/QtMaemo5 -I/targets/FREMANTLE_ARMEL/usr/include -I. -Imyplayerapp/src/base -Imyplayerapp/src/maemo5_gui -I. myplayerapp/src/base/AbstractVideoListModel.h -o moc_AbstractVideoListModel.cpp
make: *** [moc_AbstractVideoListModel.cpp] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Edit: I've recreated a stripped out project (menu, about box) and it always fails on the first call of /usr/bin/moc.

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-05-14 at 08:44.

It seems to have been introduced by updating the host kernel. I reverted back to ArchLinux's 3.8.10 and it is now building correctly. Prior to this I tried several params I had found listed elsewhere, vdso_enabled and mmap_min_address (or something like that), but it didn't work. Both were listed as errors with Ubuntu kernel during scratchbox install. vdso_enabled was 1 and mmap.... was 4096. Is there any other options I could try or a method to compare /proc/sys between two kernel versions?

Done some more investigations to find cause using grep ^ *. So far only looked over /proc/sys/kernel and vm, but I can't see anything that would really affect this. Seems odd it only affects moc but not gcc considering the amount of work done by the compiler.

kernel:
msgmni:1718 was 1719
sched_rr_timeslice_ms:30 (new)
threads-max:32132 was 32134
other changes are random entropy

vm:
min_free_kbytes:43580 was 44800
vdso_enabled 1 was 0 and now set to 0