Notices

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by PontusOhman View Post
Theres an bug in the new version 1.2.7!

Got the correct settings, but when I need to download the MMS all I get is "Unable to retrieve message".

Have tripple checked the settings, all is fine but it isn't working.

//Pontus

And what does it say in the log?

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Sweden
URLError: <urlopen error timed out>
2010-11-11 20:00:20,347 fmms.connectors: Failed to close connection.
It's keep comming back in the log all the time... Using Telia in Sweden, and I even called them and got another port to test on: 9201. But it's not working...

How can I get fmms to use the default apn I use for internet to get the messages? (My carrier uses one apn for everything, now I have to see it fail trying the other one, and manually choose the default net connection).

On o2 uk

I have configured fAPN fine no issues but when it comes to configuring fMMS the screen shown in the video & the actual screen I get are 2different things when u click on settings thus meaning I cannot configure fMMS, I'm also using version version 1.2.8 & I have updated the phones firmware to the latest offered by Nokia.

Just a note that you can get your O2 MMS settings by simply sending a txt message to 2020 with the following word "active" you will then get one back from 2030.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Latest version is 1.2.8

@frals
I cannot fully update the spanish translation at transifex. I have updated "es_ES" language code but something happens to the transifex web and I cannot see the "es" language code to update its translations. Could you fix it?

Originally Posted by ikerrg View Post
@frals
I cannot fully update the spanish translation at transifex. I have updated "es_ES" language code but something happens to the transifex web and I cannot see the "es" language code to update its translations. Could you fix it?
Hmm, it's marked as 100% for es_ES, or do you mean some other variant? http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fmms/c/ui/l/es_ES/

Thanks for the help with translating!

Originally Posted by PontusOhman View Post
It's keep comming back in the log all the time... Using Telia in Sweden, and I even called them and got another port to test on: 9201. But it's not working...
Could email me the complete log please?

Originally Posted by lfkfe View Post
How can I get fmms to use the default apn I use for internet to get the messages? (My carrier uses one apn for everything, now I have to see it fail trying the other one, and manually choose the default net connection).
I would recommend using 'Havoc' mode and it should just work, but it *might* work if you use gconf and set /apps/fmms/apn to the ID of your internet apn from /system/osso/connectivity/IAP and then switching to Polite, but no guarantees

Originally Posted by Rhodesian View Post
On o2 uk

I have configured fAPN fine no issues but when it comes to configuring fMMS the screen shown in the video & the actual screen I get are 2different things when u click on settings thus meaning I cannot configure fMMS, I'm also using version version 1.2.8 & I have updated the phones firmware to the latest offered by Nokia.

Just a note that you can get your O2 MMS settings by simply sending a txt message to 2020 with the following word "active" you will then get one back from 2030.
You shouldn't need fAPN at all anymore, could you post a screenshot or something of your configuration and maybe we can assist you in setting it up, or if you haven't checked, take a look at http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS

After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Last edited by frals; 2010-11-14 at 05:16.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by MaemoJirka View Post
Latest version is 1.2.8
frals never sleeps. New version is 1.2.9 as of 0130 -5 GMT.
Change log from https://garage.maemo.org/frs/shownot...elease_id=4239

Changes:
* message text is included when forwarding message (fixes regression)
* more updated translations, thanks sbock, etonline and misc!
* please help with translations at http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fmms/

Last edited by tzsm98; 2010-11-14 at 08:44. Reason: add change log, delete useless observation

Ok so I un-installed fAPN, then made certain my connection was set to O2 MMS & updated to the latest version of fMMS being 1.2.9 & tried to send a MMS the first time I got Network un-reachable & the second time I get this ..

Operation failed
MMSC: 200_OK
Body 00 00
01 04 J

I will now try set up on my wifes N900 & see if there is a difference.

Originally Posted by Rhodesian View Post
Ok so I un-installed fAPN, then made certain my connection was set to O2 MMS & updated to the latest version of fMMS being 1.2.9 & tried to send a MMS the first time I got Network un-reachable & the second time I get this ..

Operation failed
MMSC: 200_OK
Body 00 00
01 04 J

I will now try set up on my wifes N900 & see if there is a difference.
Could you email me the log? Instructions are in first post and mail is fmms _at_ frals _dot_ se

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python