Notices

Hello everyone, the last couple of times i used maps offline, inoticed that part of the maps for some countries are missing, for example around Milan in Italy or Antwerp in Belgium. The maps for these countries appear as installed for offline use, and i cannot find a sane way of reinstalling them without removing all maps. Any help? Thanks!

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Do you use nokia suite on pc?
there you see wich maps on device and an option to delete them seperatly.

The Following User Says Thank You to MarcAnton For This Useful Post:
You mean the maps where installed but did not show? Interestingly I have observed something like this last weekend.

I was in Illertissen, Germany, an noticed that when zooming in the last levels didn't produce any additional map information as it should have. Roads clearly where cut off where the offending tile started. I have the whole of Germany installed for offline use so the data should be there.

Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
You mean the maps where installed but did not show? Interestingly I have observed something like this last weekend.

I was in Illertissen, Germany, an noticed that when zooming in the last levels didn't produce any additional map information as it should have. Roads clearly where cut off where the offending tile started. I have the whole of Germany installed for offline use so the data should be there.
How do you install maps for use offline?? I have installed maps for Texas US but I can not dp a search for Houston in offline mode.

What are you searching for? POI? I was talking about roads.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH

Last week I was in Berlin and had the same problem, the detailed vue was missing for a half of the city. I removed all the maps and downloaded them again, Berlin was safe!

Exactly, there are tiles in the map that don't have detail below the main roads. In my case it was a complete band going from east to west.
I guess I'll try using Nokia Maps on the PC, but I don't use Windows so it's going to be a bit of a pain.

Thank you for your help everybody!

I've investigated further and when scrolling to the said location maps showed all roads as it should (I haven't reinstalled maps or something). So maybe it was a hiccup in maps application.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I had the same isse.
Downloaded Estonia before going there to save roaming fees.
A big tile was missing below a certain zoom level. Made offline routing impossible in a big area, very annoying!
Later I connected to a wifi hotspot but I don't remember if I loged in to a Nokia Map page or tried routing once while online or not. After that the missing tile was available.
If it is not a bug, maybe it is an anti piracy feature where the device need to authenticate itself to activate random protected tiles?
I have no travel plans with my N9 in the near future so I can't verify this behaviour.

I noticed this in the USA as well. Offline routing also seemed to fail because of missing map data. Once I did online routing the missing map sections reappeared. After PR1.2 I haven't seen it occur, except like the hiccup you mentioned - as soon as I downloaded a map, I saw blank sections on zooming in. Starting the app after a some time made the issue vanish.

Tags
drive, nokia maps, render, tiles