Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
Since I don't think that Nokia will be releasing an update on saturday, I will just rant a bit:

I think it is a very bad thing that Nokia promised Skype in the first half and doesn't deliver, without even a mention of the delay.
I think it is disrespectful to your own customers, and gives the impression that Nokia doesn't give a crap about them.
I know this is common practice, and for new product releases that is annoying nut understandable.
In this case it is unforgivable for such a big company and rude, because people already bought the product, and the promises was a part in the buying decision.
People need to be able to trust a big company, and this shows you can't even depend on the market leader in cellphones! (a very bad and arrogant attitude of Nokia)
For the Internet Tablet product it is even more a bad call: It is based on open source software, and that depends on open communication about changes in software. Nokia doesn't even tell the community that there is a delay, that is good communication skills!

If a new game console is released with the promise of a lot of cool games to be released for Christmas, and people buy it because of that, they WILL feel very badly when all games are delayed without even a mention.
Hey can you or someone give me a link to nokia promising the updatte by the end of Q2?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Delaware,US
you need a link? thats been what they have said since CES in jan. The only reason i bought the thing is cause the siad at CES that skype would be available by the end of Q2

crap looks like your right
"sometime around the middle of the year"
i bought the hype

http://share.skype.com/sites/skypege...nabled_so.html

Originally Posted by WhatsTheScience View Post
crap looks like your right
"sometime around the middle of the year"
i bought the hype

http://share.skype.com/sites/skypege...nabled_so.html
nice find thanks!!!!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Actually, the CES Press Release announcing the launch of the N800 (on 8 Jan) promised Skype "by the end of H1" (which is of course tomorrow).

I agree that if there is a delay then Nokia should make a brief announcement but sadly they've never been good on communication where bad news is concerned.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Actually, the CES Press Release announcing the launch of the N800 (on 8 Jan) promised Skype "by the end of H1" (which is of course tomorrow).
Thats what i had thought too, but can't seem to find it in writing anywhere

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
The majority of OS 2006 and OS 2007 releases have occurred on a Friday.
you ve got a point, indeed. it s not the friday wear but the friday firmware :-)

More seriously, do you have any idea why? If so, then extending your reasoning it should next friday or the following one and so on...

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland

I agree that if there is a delay then Nokia should make a brief announcement but sadly they've never been good on communication where bad news is concerned.
Right!
Having a job in Finland since 1997, I can testify, witness, swear that this unability to announce bad news is the naked truth about Finns.
Also they re not customer-oriented and they don't know how to sell.

An urban legend says the inventor of tweeter and bass system is a Finn, he lost it to Bose now making millions with it, and he s a cabdriver in Lappeenranta or Imatra ( i forgot), eastern medium size cities of Finland.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
More seriously, do you have any idea why? If so, then extending your reasoning it should next friday or the following one and so on...
This time you may be seeing an exception...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by WhatsTheScience View Post
Thats what i had thought too, but can't seem to find it in writing anywhere
Here you go...

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1096860