mine definately got loose from the sides. when it is not open i can almost push it from left to right and vice versa. it is not alot but feels loose

Mine's a bit loose. I can't push it from the left or right when closed but after I open it partially I can.

Edit: By push I don't mean from the left or right side of the screen. But I can push say the bottom left up a little, and then the bottom right side a little. But once it locks it's rigid. So this is probably normal slider behavior.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-01-01 at 22:40.

mine has loosened up a bit as well since i got it. Maybe that's normal since some of us have it

The Following User Says Thank You to iraklis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Mine's a bit loose. I can't push it from the left or right when closed but after I open it partially I can.
+1

Thankfully, I don't worry about such things. I know a place where they have so many N900's, the sell them!

Besides, if this one lasts me till the next Maemo 6 device comes out later this year, I'll be happy.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
As long as it slides and makes that sexy sound, i don't see a problem.
Wouldn't it be cool if you could set audio triggers for the sliding keyboard?

Say...
When you slide it open, it makes a rifle pumping sound...
When you press keys, you hear rifle shots...

Someone here could be working on that, dan.

No, not I. Last time I typed

10 PRINT "hello" the computer I was using blew up...

It's a member here that I've been in touch with in regards to something similar. Maybe he'll post in this thread if he sees it and chooses to.

And the keyboard key press sound can be changed now, no problem. I'd have to dig for it, but I remember seeing it in the file tree.

Tight like a virgin, I've used it like 3 weeks now

Oh, the jokes I could make about that comment... but won't.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Maybe your slders wouldnt loosen if you weren't all pushing them up/sideways?

Mine gave a nasty scratch on the left side of my keyboard. There is a fainter mark on the right side so I'm guessing its from leaning against something that slid the screen a bit (front pants pocket).

Does anyone else have their N900's screen slider slightly crooked when fully opened? I've had the device for a week now and I noticed it the day I got it. Tried to get used to it but it's not easy, as it turns out . When you know it, it's hard to ignore.

Here's a photo of the device, notice that the slider actually slides a bit farther on the right side? And don't mind the fingerprints :P

If it's a design flaw, I guess I can accept it, but if I am the only one experiencing this, then I think it should be fixed. Or am I just nitpicking?

Tags
lack of quality control, loose slider