Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Does anyone volunteer to help building python2.5 libs for python2.7? I might help with it if and only if someone is eager to join. There are many of them

List of needed libraries: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/NuyrWHuWVn

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-09-05 at 17:37.

Aapo: a critical bug detected.

If the directory /usr/lib/python2.7 exists (and it exists somehow even without python2.7 installed), /opt/python27 points to /usr/lib/python2.7/python2.7. The postinst should expect that the directory might exist.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
just wondering if its worth updating to 2.7.8?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
just wondering if its worth updating to 2.7.8?
I was thinking the same, as a first step to 2.7 migration
I'll try to merge Aapo packaging with version 2.7.8-11 from debian jessie

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wazrus For This Useful Post:
2.7.8 has lots of bugs fixed, briefly looking at the changelog.

i was just looking as iirc ours is currently based on a prerelease.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
i was just looking as iirc ours is currently based on a prerelease.
Yes, version 2.7.8-11 is based on 2.7.8 with patch applied.
Upstream version 2.7.9 is planned in december.
If we keep maemo packaging close to jessie packaging version it shouldn't be hard to upgrade.

The Following User Says Thank You to wazrus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Aapo: a critical bug detected.

If the directory /usr/lib/python2.7 exists (and it exists somehow even without python2.7 installed), /opt/python27 points to /usr/lib/python2.7/python2.7. The postinst should expect that the directory might exist.
I tested, /usr/lib/python2.7/python2.7 pointed to /opt/python27/lib/python2.7, installation was broken.

Anyway, IMHO we can't manage the case.
/usr/lib/python2.7 _must_ be a link to /opt/python2.7/lib.
If it exists before installation of python2.7, we have no way to go ahead.
Every package writing in /usr/lib/python2.7 should depend on python2.7 (symlinking is in python2.7-minimal postinst), so he should find symlink to /opt ready.

What package was creating /usr/lib/python2.7 in your system ?

The Following User Says Thank You to wazrus For This Useful Post:
I have absolutely no idea! dpkg -S indicates nothing. The content is

Code:
/usr/lib/python2.7 $ ls dist-packages/
Numeric                   configobj-4.6.0.egg-info  hildonglade.py            numpy-1.4.0.egg-info      pygst.pyc
Numeric.pth               configobj.py              hildonglade.pyc           osso                      validate.py
PIL                       configobj.pyc             location-0.1.egg-info     osso-0.4.egg-info         validate.pyc
PIL.pth                   gst-0.10                  mutagen                   pygst.pth
cairo                     hildon-0.9.0.egg-info     numpy                     pygst.py
If dist-packages exist, we should move it to /opt and then create the symlink

I don't have 2.7 installed at all yet and I don't have any reference to it on my device (usr or opt). as a result you can rule out:

Code:
ii  gnome-python                                        2.18.0-2maemo6                             Python bindings for GConf and GnomeVFS
ii  python                                              2.5.2-3maemo4                              An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
ii  python-all                                          2.5.2-3maemo4                              Package depending on all supported Python runtime versions
ii  python-cairo                                        1.4.12-1.2maemo2                           Python bindings for the Cairo vector graphics library
ii  python-central                                      0.6.11.1maemo2                             register and build utility for Python packages
ii  python-conic                                        0.1-6                                      Python bindings for Internet Connectivity library
ii  python-dbus                                         0.83.0-1maemo3                             simple interprocess messaging system (Python interface)
ii  python-evolution                                    0.0.4-maemo2                               Python bindings for Evolution Data Server.
ii  python-gconf                                        2.26.1-1maemo1                             Python bindings for the GConf configuration database system
ii  python-gobject                                      2.16.1-1maemo2                             Python bindings for the GObject library
ii  python-gtk2                                         2.12.1-6maemo10                            Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
ii  python-hildon                                       0.9.0-1maemo18                             Python bindings for Hildon Framework.
ii  python-imaging                                      1.1.6-3maemo2                              Python Imaging Library
ii  python-minimal                                      2.5.2-3maemo4                              A minimal subset of the Python language (default version)
ii  python-notify                                       0.1.1-2maemo1                              Python bindings for libnotify
ii  python-numeric                                      24.2-9maemo4                               Numerical (matrix-oriented) Mathematics for Python
ii  python-osso                                         0.4-0maemo5                                Python bindings for libosso library
ii  python-support                                      1.0.6maemo1                                automated rebuilding support for Python modules
ii  python2.5                                           2.5.4-1maemo6                              An interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.5)
ii  python2.5-minimal                                   2.5.4-1maemo6                              A minimal subset of the Python language (version 2.5)
ii  python2.5-qt4-common                                4.7.5-maemo2                               Shared files for PyQt4
ii  python2.5-qt4-core                                  4.7.5-maemo2                               Python bindings for Qt4 Core components.
ii  python2.5-qt4-dbus                                  4.7.5-maemo2                               Python bindings for Qt dbus mainloop.
ii  python2.5-qt4-gui                                   4.7.5-maemo2                               Python bindings for Qt4 Core components.
ii  python2.5-qt4-maemo5                                4.7.5-maemo2                               Python bindings for Qt4 Core components.
ii  python2.5-sip4                                      4.11-maemo0                                Python/C++ bindings generator runtime library.
cssu-thumb on device as well. did you run dpkg -S /usr/lib/python2.7? also, what is output of mount.