Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
The dead pixels have been there since the panel was manufactured.
Are you saying pixels can't become "hot" (always on) during the course of the device's life? I have one such pixel and I could swear that it wasn't there when I got the phone (on monday ). But I know I could be wrong. However, I've checked my screen now and there are no other dead pixels, so if I see any more, I will know they came after I received the unit.

I'm thinking about just living with the problem, because it doesn't irritate me that much. What's funny is that when I tilt the screen just one degree, the dead pixel is no longer visible. And if I tilt it a degree more, it becomes visible again and it doesn't appear white, but a slightly lighter grey shade.

Sometimes there are like 7 dead pixels, sometimes more

It's not dead if it's not there all the time...that's called a stuck pixel, it can become unstuck by flashing different colors on the screen and/or by rubbing gently on the pixel in a circular motion.

Nokia may have a policy regarding the number of dead pixels needed on the screen in order to warrant a replacement.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I got that on my n93i too but its definitely a dead pixel. Mine is out of warrenty due to is not from New Zealand, It was from Malaysia lol. So can't returned for warranty.

what is nokias policy on dead pixels?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ DUBAI , UAE
as i remember it have to be 2 dead pixel or more if you want nokia to replace it for you

Last edited by amer19; 2009-11-30 at 07:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to amer19 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by amer19 View Post
as i remember it have to be 2 dead pixel or more if you want nokia to replace it for you
im not very impressed by that at all tbqh - ive got a 2407 dell monitor at home and that came with a ZERO dead pixel guarantee.

and thats got 1920000 (2304000 - 384000?) MORE pixels!

i might wait for a later production run.. wait for the quality to improve.. hmmm

I've been waiting (by far) TWO WEEKS for replacement.

Tags
lack of quality control