Notices

I looked as Siggy, it is a nice application but there is no way of adding more than one budget. This would be useful if you maintain more than one account

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by doksng View Post
I looked as Siggy, it is a nice application but there is no way of adding more than one budget. This would be useful if you maintain more than one account
@doksng: you are right, i also miss that feature. according to
the developers blog he plans to add statistics etc.

it would be a good idea to convince him that he should think
of rearranging his app in such a way that it can handle
negative (expenses) and positive (unfortunately only one budget) cash flows.

adding a horizontally scrollable positive/negative block graphs
for the cash flows may be a nice feature then.

Blues

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Can't install siggy, Conflict with application packages: libqt4-maemo5-network (4.6.2~git20100203-0maemo1)...
I wonder what's that...

I had no problem installing it.

I guess Siggy has all that is needed for my use case, and yet it doesn't solve it.

My original description was to schedule recurring bills to plan a budget, see how much you need, and when you need it. In Siggy you can schedule recurring bills. (You can pick a day of month, and then the months you want. But you must set up four different scheduled expenses if you have something happening every week.) And at least on a per month basis, it will sum up your expenses.

However, the usage Siggy seems to be built for is tracking expenses more than planning ahead. You can scroll back to February to see how much you used then, but you can't scroll into the future.

Since a budget is a plan for the future, this application isn't really a budget planner, more an expense tracker that compares your currently registered expenses with the pre-set budget.

However, all that would change if Siggys developer just removed the limitation that you can't see the future. I suspect it would really be a tiny change.

Maybe I should contact him about that.

Edit: I thought to, but he doesn't seem to have a tmo user. The lack of a single sign up between maemo sub domains means I can't contact him without creating a new user :g

Last edited by volt; 2010-03-12 at 14:23.

Originally Posted by volt View Post
Hi,

I am looking at a stack of bills and I know I should have been expecting them but I wasn't. So, I am thinking of setting up a little budget. I have a free windows program for it somewhere, but I never liked the GUI of that. Now I'm thinking this would be a neat N900 application.

Is there anything like this on the platform? I want to be able to plan recurring bills at different intervals, see where they stack up, so I can be a little better prepared. So, simple needs. Don't need to handle accounts or anything, I guess.

If there isn't any budget planning software like this, I'm thinking I'll just write myself a net application for it. Unless you already know of one that is free and works well for this kind of recurring planning? I suspect Google Calendar, Remember The Milk and services like these aren't right for budgets... But I might be wrong.

Wha'yasay?
There was a few banking software on Linux systems that were ported over to Maemo 4 (Diablo). I think you can also run some through Easy Debian.

For example, for a while I had Homebank on my n800 and my desktop. I still use it on my desktop but the software on the n800 no longer works due to versioning differences.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Hi guys, have a look over here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45424
I really wished somebody could port Homebank.
Btw. I installed siggy yesterday and for me it was a great disappointment especially compared to my favorite prog splashmoney on my treo680.
Again, my wish for letīs say eastern: Homebank or Splashmoney for N900 ;-)

Where can i get Siggy? I can't find this Programm in the programm manager.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Prasanna-Team View Post
Where can i get Siggy? I can't find this Programm in the programm manager.

Thanks

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...mel/siggy/0.2/

It's in the maemo devel repository. But be warned, you are NOT recommended to install software from the devel repository, because it contains software not deemed ready for extras. Also, this specific software also has a few warnings, according to the page I linked you to. If you do set up the devel repository, you're recommended to not update other software until you've disabled the devel repository again.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I think i will wait until it's released for use ^^

I kinda lost focus on this when I had to reflash the phone, but I'll try to put together a few interface designs... Eventually.