Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
That, engadget, is silly.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Multitasking is a myth for Engadget.......because they avoid Nokia phones like the plague....

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
What does engadget have against Nokia?

Like a commenter pointed out, symbian has had multitasking for close to a decade (maybe not quite that long...), and its been pretty easy for me to use... To me, Maemo's multitasking is AWESOME! Especially since you can still watch what your other windows are doing (sometimes?)...

I can't believe winmo 7 isn't gonna support '3rd party app multitasking'. FAIL...

In 1988, I had multitasking in my Amiga 500. It had a 7Mhz CPU, 512kB RAM, and I loved it.
Today, multitasking isn't feasible anymore, unless I have a multi GHz CPU + multi GBs of RAM?
Damn, all this time, and only now I start to understand what multi tasking really stands for.

is it possible that the Engadget article is referring to mass market devices?

Ctrl-F ... search "N900" .. Text not found
Ctrl-F ... search "Nokia" .. Text not found

hmmm .. oookkkkkk

Well. Engadget are know, rabid, 100% Apple fanboïz.

It logically follows that anything the i[insert latest marketing gimmick here] can't do, is necessarily a myth. Nothing new :-)

Yes, they are 100% apple fanboïz.

I don't think they really considered the N900 when they wrote the article. One of the few multi-tasking devices they talk about like Android and Windows Mobile have terrible to mehish task managers and limited multi-tasking ability compared to the N900.

Granted the N900's isn't that great either. Sometimes apps won't close instantly when you hit the X button. And a user needs to know how to use a terminal kill command or use HTOP (or press power button then kill app). But overall the N900 handles multi-tasking alot better.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-03-28 at 14:46.