Notices

Poll: Is this application useful to you?
Poll Options
Is this application useful to you?

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I would really like to figure out how to disable the "auto complete" before promoting it. It is quite annoying....

Why do you ask? Do you think it could still be useful as it is?
I think it is, but would be even better when fixed.
Aren't there other Qt projects, that fixed this problem?
I am trying to ask all projects in Extras-testing that are promotable.
Your app is only a few days promotable, but there are apps that wait 4 weeks for the maintainer to do a action.
If you think the app is not in the shape to go to Extras repository then you should vote with thump down, which will remove the package from Extras-testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
I think it is, but would be even better when fixed.
Aren't there other Qt projects, that fixed this problem?
I don't know of any other qt/maemo5/webkit projects

I am trying to ask all projects in Extras-testing that are promotable.
Your app is only a few days promotable, but there are apps that wait 4 weeks for the maintainer to do a action.
If you think the app is not in the shape to go to Extras repository then you should vote with thump down, which will remove the package from Extras-testing.
I think the application is useful as it is but it is quite annoying... I will think about it some more... suggestions with this regard from the current users are welcome.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

I don't know of any other qt/maemo5/webkit projects

I think the application is useful as it is but it is quite annoying... I will think about it some more... suggestions with this regard from the current users are welcome.
Maybe a troll from Qt team has a hint? Their bugtracker is open. You should ask them.

Maybe a troll from Qt team has a hint? Their bugtracker is open. You should ask them.
Martin just pointed out to me that this is a known bug: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-12171

I will see if I can find a work around for this bug or to make the qt4.7 version work and then will promote the package. If nothing else I want to make sure that this project can have a new version soon that works before promoting the existing one to extras.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Martin just pointed out to me that this is a known bug: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-12171

I will see if I can find a work around for this bug or to make the qt4.7 version work and then will promote the package. If nothing else I want to make sure that this project can have a new version soon that works before promoting the existing one to extras.
And there is the change, that should do it but does not:
Code:
#ifdef Q_WS_MAEMO_5
// Maemo 5 MicroB Browser disables auto-uppercase and predictive text, thus, so do we.
webPageClient->setInputMethodHint(Qt::ImhNoAutoUppercase, true);
webPageClient->setInputMethodHint(Qt::ImhNoPredictiveText, true);
#endif // Q_WS_MAEMO_5
Can you get hold of the object and try to set it again?

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
And there is the change, that should do it but does not:
Code:
#ifdef Q_WS_MAEMO_5
// Maemo 5 MicroB Browser disables auto-uppercase and predictive text, thus, so do we.
webPageClient->setInputMethodHint(Qt::ImhNoAutoUppercase, true);
webPageClient->setInputMethodHint(Qt::ImhNoPredictiveText, true);
#endif // Q_WS_MAEMO_5
Can you get hold of the object and try to set it again?
On a quick inspection of the code it seems that I can't... The "d" on the code bellow is private and I could not find any method that exposes it even to a class that inherits it.

Code:
QWebPageClient* webPageClient = m_page->d->client;
(*) m_page is a QWebPage object

The only I can think of would be to recompile the qtwebkit module but that would create another set of problems... Do you know of any other way or have any other ideas?

Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

On a quick inspection of the code it seems that I can't... The "d" on the code bellow is private and I could not find any method that exposes it even to a class that inherits it.

Code:
QWebPageClient* webPageClient = m_page->d->client;
(*) m_page is a QWebPage object

The only I can think of would be to recompile the qtwebkit module but that would create another set of problems... Do you know of any other way or have any other ideas?

Felipe
For now, why not just cast using fake data types where d and client are the same bytes away as in the private data types. Or even better, just copy, paste and rename the private data types. The following compiles:

Code:
typedef struct {
  int z;
} QWebPageClient;

typedef struct {
  int *zi;
  QWebPageClient *client;
} d_type;

typedef struct {
  int *zi;
  QWebPageClient *client;
} fake_d_type;

typedef struct {
  long *al;
  d_type *d;
} m_page_type;

typedef struct {
  int *ai;
  fake_d_type *d;
} fake_m_page_type;

main () {

m_page_type *m_page;
  QWebPageClient *webPageClient;

webPageClient = ((fake_m_page_type *)m_page)->d->client;

}

Woops, redid using classes. Still compiles.

Code:
class QWebPageClient {
  int z;
}; 

class d_class {
  private:
    int *zi;
    QWebPageClient *client;
};

class fake_d_class {
  public:
    int *zi;
    QWebPageClient *client;
};

class m_page_class {
  private:
    long *al;
    d_class *d;
};

class fake_m_page_class {
  public:
    long *al;
    fake_d_class *d;
};

main () {

m_page_class *m_page;
  QWebPageClient *webPageClient;

webPageClient = ((fake_m_page_class *)m_page)->d->client;

}

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Woops, redid using classes. Still compiles.
It would be an ugly hack but I tried. Unfortunately didn't work... It seems that I got the fake classes right but calling the method does not affect how the input box behaves... The hints probably get updated every time a input control get the focus.

I would have to change the input hints just after a field get focus and just before the user can start typing.

I will look for some other options... I still think the best way out is to start using Qt4.7 but then we will have other issues.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

I don't think it got an official port to Maemo 5, but maybe you can take a look at the Arora code. It's a Qt webkit browser that ran well under Maemo 4, and it seems to be a very active project.