What about this netbook with meego ? I guess it would be cool .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qBuZUXZXBlY

Too thick, too heavy, too weak, and too un-real

edit: I was being sarcastic but its hard to communicate that across. I guess if you changed to SSD and used Linux it would be quite responsive (not fast, but no slouch either). Its a niche product though that's why its too-unreal

Last edited by Kangal; 2012-01-05 at 12:46.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
I have the Nokia Booklet 3G.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Too thick, too heavy, too weak, and too un-real
Too thick???
It's one of the thinnest Netbook available. And even after years there is no Netbook which comes close regarding built quality.

Too heavy?
No, not really. It's not plastic. It's Aluminum made from one piece.

Too weak?
Yes, with Windows. I'm running Ubuntu on it and I've built in a SSD. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zzC_R2RXoo)

Too unreal?
Errrm... What do you mean? With MeeGo? Yes. With everythin else? Why unreal?

I wouldn't install MeeGo on it, though, because MeeGo is optimized for a small display resolution. The Nokia Booklet 3G has a resolution of 1280x720. Makes no sense with MeeGo.
I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 (or at the moment I'm running Elementary OS) with all the Compiz effects. No problem.

Edit: the best thing about the Booklet is the full-size HDMI and the looooong battery life. About 8 to 12 hours. Also it doesn't have a single fan. So if you have a SSD there is not a single bit of noise. I love it!

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2012-01-05 at 07:35.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Some good templates are here now and i have to choose the best one among them , they must be user friendly , processing must be good and reliable. All these features matter a lot here.