Notices

i have my own hdd am gonna try now

EDIT: backing up assasins creed 2
lets cross fingers

EDIT 2: so for now it didnt work, it took ALOT of time and it seems to repeat the same files over and over. finally i have to go so i killed it after he finished his 5th loop but it didnt work obviously. i'll try tomorrow with a few more.

Last edited by ironm8; 2010-09-03 at 20:20.

Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
Can you elaborate?

psfreedom.ko or the enable.sh script?

Cause I don't know how to edit .ko. It's not something that opens in notepad.
Open psfreedom.ko on any hex editor, lookfor /dev_xxxx and replace it with /dev_bdvd

The Following User Says Thank You to ps3n900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
psfreedom_patched.tar.gz

Hello,

I have made a patched version with Backup Manager working.

Enjoy

[edit] So far I have tried two games: Ridge Racer 7 works flawlessly, however Assassin's Creed (1) hangs the whole system when trying to launch it as a backup.

[edit2] I have seen problem with Assassin's Creed on lists related to Backup Manager itself, so it is not an issue with psfreedom.

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Last edited by hopbeat; 2010-09-03 at 19:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopbeat For This Useful Post:
does anybody know if this will block you from playing online?

Originally Posted by combiochem View Post
Thanks for the howto.
I have a quick question. Currently, I have a power kernel in my n900. Do I have to uninstall it?
Will currently I have a triple-boot setup. Regular+Power+NITDroid.

This was achieved by mere coincidence :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=98

Coming back to your question. Yes. I'm afraid. At the moment. The easy way would be to uninstall Power kernel.

I'd hold off trying though, till I get the answer on how to get Backup-Manger to work.

There is 0 homebrew at the moment. so no point for the hassle without the Manager.

Edit: No Longer true. Backup Manager is now Working!

Last edited by Corso85; 2010-09-03 at 18:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
I've plugged in my 4Gb Sandisk Cruzer to the PS3, but when I select install packages the manager.pkg is not there, although it is right in the root of the flash drive. Shall I use a less complex flash drive? Also PS3 does not say that a USB device has been connected. it just does not give any message at all.

Originally Posted by Corso85 View Post
Will currently I have a triple-boot setup. Regular+Power+NITDroid.

This was achieved by mere coincidence :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=98

Coming back to your question. Yes. I'm afraid. At the moment. The easy way would be to uninstall Power kernel.

I'd hold off trying though, till I get the answer on how to get Backup-Manger to work.

There is 0 homebrew at the moment. so no point for the hassle without the Manager.
Thanks for the tips. Currently I have old nitdroid version and I don't have the regular kernel menu in my multiboot. I might update new nitdorid. So after installing nitdroid, you installed the power-kernel. In the multiboot menu, is there regular kernal menu?

The Following User Says Thank You to combiochem For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
I've plugged in my 4Gb Sandisk Cruzer to the PS3, but when I select install packages the manager.pkg is not there, although it is right in the root of the flash drive. Shall I use a less complex flash drive? Also PS3 does not say that a USB device has been connected. it just does not give any message at all.
I had to hit triangle and select "Install all packages" or whatever it says.

Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
Attachment 13497

Hello,

I have made a patched version with Backup Manager working.

Enjoy

[edit] So far I have tried two games: Ridge Racer 7 works flawlessly, however Assassin's Creed (1) hangs the whole system when trying to launch it as a backup.
Thanks!. I updated the original post.

Originally Posted by combiochem View Post
Thanks for the tips. Currently I have old nitdroid version and I don't have the regular kernel menu in my multiboot. I might update new nitdorid. So after installing nitdroid, you installed the power-kernel. In the multiboot menu, is there regular kernal menu?
The NITDroid auto-installer introduced the Regular+NITDroid options. Then the .deb i mentioned in my post added the Power Kernel option

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post: