Active Topics

Notices

a lovely beginning of 2012 ..great

The Following User Says Thank You to The Winter For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
Oh wow, why have I never heard that this could be used for creating maemo apps before?

I have stumbled across ISC on many occasions but never really payed that much attention to it. I may have to have a play
In fact, Maemo was the second official platform for ISC (after Linux Python/GTK apps). There are two N810's and an N900 with permanent places on our testing bench.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BryanLunduke For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply Bryan. It was a surprise for me to see ISC here for the very first time, especially as I have frequented TMO for nearly 2years now.

After reading this topic yesterday I soon had nearly 20 tabs open from your forum and related links, had ICS installed and started to play with the examples. Within 10mins from installation I had them running in both maemo, andriod and desktop

Ok not so hard I now. However as someone who has always wanted to get into developing with python, tried & failed many times due to being easily confused and too often distracted by silly cat videos, I found this very intuitive. Hey, I even started to search out custom blocks and linking them together for fun.

Your video was also very helpful and the Q&A where you explain the ethics behind ISC and your business really made great viewing.

For any maemo members who believe that they do not hold the skills to create an app even if it's a small one for themselves, I would recommend looking into this.

Big thumbs up for all of your hard work, see you on radicalbreeze

/Lee

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-01-07 at 00:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Total noob question: can it be used to create apps for harmattan?

Sorry to bump, but does anyone know if you can write apps for harmattan with this?

Oh this is awesome! Knew Bryan was a huge Maemo 5 fan, but didn't know there was a Maemo version.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Oh this is awesome! Knew Bryan was a huge Maemo 5 fan, but didn't know there was a Maemo version.
probably not, as harmattan does not use python/gtk.

check out qt quick though.

Originally Posted by Dockman View Post
Total noob question: can it be used to create apps for harmattan?
Unfortunately, no. We focused on Maemo on the N800-N900 series. If you can get Python and GTK on there, you'd be all set though.

The Following User Says Thank You to BryanLunduke For This Useful Post:
i believe, since meego and lumia both trying their luck,lets rip it off with a lot of apps.I hope there are many creating apps with this software but i was wondering where to fetch the APIs for specific programmes.anyway lets bring maemo on top of every thing .

I think there to many 'thisisc" for a beginner.