Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nottingham
Since just under a week ago, I've started getting a warning on the IMAP SSL Certificate check for gmail. I guess I am not the only one using modest for IMAP on a gmail account, so is anyone else having trouble? Have I broken something? The dialog reports the Signature is "BAD". Fingerprint is 35:d1:0a:42....d1:cc:d9:52. This happens via my home ISP (demon) and on public wifi (BT Openzone). I removed and recreated the gmail account settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to ptaffs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
I wondered why I wasn't getting email notifications from Modest last night, opened it up and clicked OK on the certificate.

Seems OK since then.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
I get them occasionally, but not every time.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

The Following User Says Thank You to deeteroderdas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I wondered why I wasn't getting email notifications from Modest last night, opened it up and clicked OK on the certificate.
You did verify the certificate before accepting it I hope :-)

I've got the same problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to luddek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nottingham
Normally a SSL certificate problem suggests the privacy provided by the infrastructure isn't guaranteed, and I'd say "no" to the "do you want to conitnue anyway" dialog. But if we're all having a problem it would imply modest is being overcautious, or google have broken the certificate. Apple Macintosh Mail is happily accepting the certificate.

Thanks for your responses.

I had this problem starting last week on all my debian systems which were using imap. Since maemo is built off of Debian, I assume this is a debian problem.

Is there a quick fix for the N810?

same here. the only fix i know is a reboot.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This same issue has started happening to me also in the last week or so since the PR 1.1.1 update.

Is there a cure? I deleted the ".modest" directory and started my mail profile from scratch, but it still happens.

Tags
gmail, imap, modest, user support