Notices

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venice, Italy
Originally Posted by kirano View Post
after installing pr1.2 I lost three icons at the bottom, only the second and third icon show, others have X icons instead. Anyone else experience this?
Same issue here under PR1.2

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by kirano View Post
after installing pr1.2 I lost three icons at the bottom, only the second and third icon show, others have X icons instead. Anyone else experience this?
Yes, confirming this bug.

Bug has been opened: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10351

thanks

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post
If there is no connectivity at time of the UI scheduled sync, erminig reports an error saying it couldn't connect -- one for each profile (I have 4).

Since it's "normal" for the network sometimes not to be available (or to fail part way through) I believe these messages should not popup on the UI -- instead there should be another simple way to check sync status.

It may be worth warning user if sync has failed for nn hours/days, but not when one fails
Good point. I will modify this behavior. thanks for reporting that!

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by todor_tsankov View Post
Hmmm, I think I'll start waiting for that release instead of the hopeless PR1.2

And as a comment - have you ever considered implementing an auto-connect/disconnect feature? This most probably will greatly reduce the "not-connected" related bugs, and most importantly will save our batteries a lot!
To quote myself and answer my question - I've created a small blog post about how I was able to connect-sync-disconnect with erminig from command line - so far work great

I hope that it would be of some help to others seeking similar functionality.
And one more time: Thank you lorelei for this great app!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to todor_tsankov For This Useful Post:
I wish I could get this software working Using version 0.2.9 and it looks like it is doing the sync (1-way to Google) then when I check my Google calendar, nothing is there. Some of my events are recurrent but even the ones that aren't don't show up.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Laois, Ireland
Just letting you know that the duplication bug seems to have stopped for now.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by pmd View Post
The erminig log says this after a sync attempt:
"RequestError({'status': 400, 'body': 'Invalid UserID 0', 'reason': 'Bad R
I just ran into this error and I think I know why. You see when I created a profile in Erminig I failed to specify which local store to use. I tought it was simply going to use the local calendar as a whole. I think you need to validate that form to ensure that a specific local calendar (what many of us are used to thinkin of as 'categories') has been selected.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

OK, but I did create a new local calendar for syncing, so that could not have been the cause in my case.

I'm having a few problems.

All day events created in google calendar quite often show up as 2 day events on my n900 (with the original date as first day).

The program sometimes shuts down when trying to sync reoccuring events.

I too would love to see an auto connect feature as I use autodisconnect causing the scheduled sync to fail 9 out of 10 times.

Other than that I'm very pleased with this app. Thanks.

Carsten

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Originally Posted by pmd View Post
OK, but I did create a new local calendar for syncing, so that could not have been the cause in my case.
Delete your Erminig profile and create a new one. But this time make sure to click on the "LocalStore" button. Also, notice that you can scroll down and specify other options. Unfortunately, the way it is right now, Erminig accepts the form without it being completely filled out.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization