If you replaced the battery and still have that many issues you definitely have faulty hardware. Probably best to get rid of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to eviloar For This Useful Post:
Don't blame the employees, there was a lot of BS going on at Nokia

Jolla is a company solely focusing on one phone and one OS. I think you'll find their product will be much more refined

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I'd like to say I noticed 4% bug appears more often if you speed charge your N9 with strong current chargers. I switched from 1A to 2A made by BB. Then suddenly I get the bug after 2 years.
Switching back to 1A and less seems to avoid it. Just my 2 cents...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
After trying out the I-Phone 5 for a day and using a GS4 for two I have decided to keep my N9. The commercials in the States will make your mouth water to try a new phone..until you use it and get to know it personally. It's like listening to happy hardcore after you've been used to Omar Santana. Or better yet like listening to Britney Spears when you're partial to Aphex Twin. I just don't see all the hype. It's nothing to be gained for me. All phones have their bugs. I've heard enough bitching and moaning from all of my other friends with their phones to know there isn't a safe place in the phone world unless you already expect less from it. I have had no real issues with my N9 nor have seen anything new product-wise exciting enough to make me switch..yet

To the OP, everything has a fix. I have seen too many people freak out on the forum because of an anomaly or corrupt file that didn't take a whole lot of time/effort to fix in the end; and usually afterwards everything is trouble free and they forget it even happened. It's usually something stupid or a small task. A lot of people here are willing to help if you ask nicely. That's why I love this place. You never know how much you will like the phone once it works like it was meant to or like you want to, but you also never know how much you will hate a new phone that may end up bugging you just as much. Maybe this will help, but in the end, I hope you find what you are looking for

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
I'd like to say I noticed 4% bug appears more often if you speed charge your N9 with strong current chargers. I switched from 1A to 2A made by BB. Then suddenly I get the bug after 2 years.
how about charging via PC's usb2/usb3?

i always charge my phone via nokia's charger or pc's usb port. and never have the battery bug, unless at last 20%...which is rare since i always charge my n9 when it reach below 50%

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
My phone is really good. It could stay with me 2 days with active usage of 1hour and half. There was a nice tweak to disable search app which gave that results. If you want to same more energy change the network to 2g instead of 3g, it will give you a fantastic results. You could find these tweaks in the web

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
You are not alone in your experiences. The coders (current members of Jolla) left an unfinished product. The OS was beta from the beginning and never refined. It had probably the worst email client in the history of smartphones, and the most unreliable and quirky OS in the modern history of smartphones. Thank ex-Meego coders, apparently now at Jolla, for never finishing the product. Lets see if Jolla first phone gives the same experience (a suicidal idea, as it will wipe the company of the face of the earth), or whether the coders there learned that beta versions are unacceptable in 2014.
Uh-oh Lumiaman on a hate quest against MeeGo - what a surprise

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
The battery issue is a known bug, not much can be done with it. It was a "fix" but it didnt work for me.

1 thing I do is I used the QuickTweak App and tweak ff to give me QRefreash then I will restart my bme, it usually gives me a little more juice.

Last edited by unoace; 2013-06-25 at 06:53.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I have come to the conclusion that the HW of N9 devices varies somewhat, since many people complain on bugs (especially regarding the power&charging of the device) that other people never have had.
There are various HW revisions of the device and it might well be so that some revisions are worse at handling the charging algoritms. Also, the phones were manufactured in different countries and there might be some differences in build quality even as I strongly belibe it's just hype.

Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
Here's a partial list...
1. 2. 3.
I've never had any of these faults, the power usage of the device is very constant. When it's fully charged it will give about 2 days of light usage, about 1 day of heavy usage before it needs recharging. The device never goes to any "4% drop" or anything like that, and frankly I would not know what that bug would look like...

I have experience on 2 devices, my own 64G rev.1501 and my wife's 16G rev.1603

4. Going from Maps to Drive is a crapshoot. Once I have a place mapped out and then I select "navigation", the Drive logo will just sit there until I swipe out of it and try it a few more times. Eventually it get's it right but it gets annoying.
Yes, that intrgration is not done correctly I have to say.
My experience is that often "Maps" will just tell you "There is no possible route for destination" and refuse to open "Drive".
Workaround is to open "Drive" directly and find the destination from there.
However I don't recall it ever hanging on me.

On another note, I've decided not to support the Jolla team either. They put out a substandard product with the N9 and I can't really see them putting out anything better either. They worked on Harmattan for years and this is what we got.
Each to his own, I have only had good experience on N9/Harmattan, and so I am waiting the Jolla device with anticipation. I expect it to be at least as good as N9, propably better.

These are my opinions and experiences and MINE only. If you're going to scream/shout/howl about how stupid I am don't bother....it's just an internet forum after all.
Of course I am not condemning you, your concerns are real.
I would like to know what is your HW revision, as it might give some light to the situation?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Exactly the same experience, used my PlayBook Charger and thought I'd ruined it, switched by to USB off my Time Capsule and no problems since.

The Following User Says Thank You to scaramanga89 For This Useful Post: