Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
N9 is EOL inside Nokia and Elop is one of the biggest idiots in todays planet. So no, its not officially released in US. Get real!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think Fry's also sold other on-their-last-legs related products, the N900, N810, and N800, for bargain-basement prices.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
TBH I never heard of them either, but then being outside of the US you could guess why that may be.

On topic though, the article does not really hold any correlation to the screen grab from fry's. One can only hope this to be true but it will be too little too late if it is. I won't be holding my breath.
Yeah a lot of it was unrelated, but I can't help but think that the whole premise of the article was the assumption that an ad on frys means an official release, not once did it say nokia said this etc...
poor journalism in my view, but a glowing mention of the N9 I like.

It's definitely too late for an official release to be sucessful either way.

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
NOKIA Connecting People

even bigger hahaha
I will connect my foot with Elop's *** if I ever see him and I'll make sure I have someone there with a pureview camera snapping a pic of me connecting so that you can zoom in 3 times until you get the precise moment in time and space down to the 10 thousandths of an inch when I connect to Nokia and leave my user feedback and show North Korea how to properly launch something.

Now I know you guys are probably saying, "this guy is emotional and Elop is just an easy target" but guys when I read the title of this thread I hopped out of my room mates cars passenger seat and hit my head on the inside roof which accidentally caused me to butt dial 911 on my N9 that was in my back pocket. When 911 answered and asked me what my emergency was I was saying "nine nine nine" so they just hung up (swipe to close is easier in that position).
I was so excited that the Nokia board possibly finally saw the light and reason of the N9 that I imagined someone put a giant fly paper outside Elops office and he was still stuck there where he could no longer do any harm and left to dehydrate until he shriveled up until he looked like the Iceman.

^That's not a nightmare that's a fantasy^

I could not hold in the smile inching across my face as I was sitting there getting a ride home from my room mate and I said out loud, "the N9 is coming here to the US." My room mate who is an Iphone fan briefly turned his head and said, "ah ha."

Good call room mate, I was so caught up in the moment I didn't realize ......one second.......
Ahhhhh ahhhhhh ahhhhhh b*******!
Excuse me.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
i been to fry's and seen it there.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Lorul2:

The N9 is smaller and lighter and faster than the N900. The N900 never recieved the glowing reviews that the N9 did. I paid less for the N9 than I did for my two N900s.

I agree that the N900 is competitive with the N9 in many ways, but lately I am rarely using mine.
n900 didnt have 3g band for then biggest carrier in the US, ATT. thats epic fail.

i saw that ad in the union Tribune, it runs the "Mego OS" and it has a "4.3" screen."

cant wait for the win 8 tablet from nokia. keeping my money for that.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2011 @ /dev/ttyS0
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
n900 didnt have 3g band for then biggest carrier in the US, ATT. thats epic fail.
I don't think that was an epic failure. I was on AT&T before I got my N900... and it was the N900 that made me switch to T-Mobile. I had no idea how much money I was wasting on ATT before, nor how crappy ATT's service was.

So thank you Nokia for making me switch to a better carrier!

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Engadget has a post saying that the thing is real they just go the wrong specs