Active Topics

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hi,
I'd like to get a Bluetooth Stereo Headset to use with my N900, but I want it with call controls as well as music (skip/prev., Volume, play/pause). I'd like in-ear buds and as few wires as possible, just a neckband - ergo something like Motorola S9, Altec Lansing Backbeat 903, Jaybird JB-200, or Nokia BH-505.
Has anyone tried any of these (or others) with the N900?
Suggestions?
thanks, Ben

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I've got the Motorola S9.
It's good for Podcast's/Mp3's and have good phone sound. (bouth ways.)
I'm not shure about the answer call button. (Can't remember if it works.)
I know the vol. buttons don't work with N900, but that's no prb for me.
I have to test the "answer phone button" the day after tomorow when i'm back home.

Sorry for my "english"

The Following User Says Thank You to Crom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ CANADA
the one i use is the NOKIA BH-214.

volume function works
answer/hang up works
redial works
play,pause,ff,rw and skip tracks all work!

and you can plug any 3.5 head set into it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to canada900 For This Useful Post:
i have the S9s and don't recommend them as they are very uncomfortable. they are extremely rigid and after about 10 minutes the really begin to bother me. on the upside, after flashing with the leaked pr1.2, the track and volume keys function properly.

The Following User Says Thank You to thommy For This Useful Post:
i have the jabra bt3030 and its great all musice controls work and the design kinda matches the aluminium pdair case i got on my n900 plus it turns whatever headphones you want into your bluetooth

The Following User Says Thank You to zombiegavins For This Useful Post:
bought 5 minutes ago the bh-503 . .
everything works . . I'll let you know more about it after my workout :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to andrew_85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i use the bh-903. sound is GREAT!!!

but, as usual, there is always a problem with the bluetooth stac on nokias. same was with my e90. it eventually kicks off and then needs to be restarted.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
I tested

Jabra HALO = sound is ok but bass is bad = not good = 2,5/5 Stars

Nokia BH 905 = sound ok, a deep bass, but not clear sound = 3,5/5 Stars

Philips SHB6110 = Fits very good, sound is very good but there is always a "bzzzt" "bzzz" "bzzz" sound in the background (maybe due to the BT connection) Thats whay not good = 2/5 Stars

Nokia BH 214 = Very good sound, also with the in ears from it. Very bassy (I like it) Clear sound. I hear no difference between BT and NON BT headset - very clear sound. I am using it sometimes with its in ears from BH 214 because there are very short = good for conversations... but mostly i am using another earphone = Koss porta pro. The good thing is you can put every 3,5 mm headphone into BH 214.

So go for BH 214 ooor for BH 905. The cool thing on BH 905 is = no wire.

The Following User Says Thank You to necoicould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
I'd prefer something with the form factor of S9, because all the earphones I've ever used kept falling out and I constantly have to push them back in unless there's a bracket or neckband to keep them in place or press them against my ears - seemingly my ears are particularly small or something.
Problem with that kind of design is that most of them are not adjustable, more like one-size-"fits"-all, so they can be really uncomfortable to wear for some people.
What about the Nokia BH-505s? Has anyone tried those? I can't find a review of them anywhere, which looks like not a good sign to me....

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
I have tried BH-504 and I loved them, would really like to get one. Full remote control next to your ear: vol up dn, fw, rew, ans call...

Click for review here

Last edited by esthreel; 2010-05-09 at 22:09.