Notices

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina

although the fmtx on my n900 just reachs 5m radius at the most, and even the saddest station can cap my signal

but yeah, you're right, i won't mess with the law

btw, in my country there are A LOT of illegal radio stations (so i feel kind of safe xD) and because of that, there is not a free frequency, someones has 2 or 3 stations at the same time, very annoying..

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
are you willing to PM your personal details so I can report you to FCC?

if not, your logic fails.
I don't think he lives in the USA. Australia if I remember correctly therefore the Federal Communications Commission (FCC for the non-Americans) is irrelevant.

Besides the FCC should be trying to stop Google and Verizon from ruining the Internet. >.>

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Not really, it should work for anyone. This one is set to free regional.
I'm using Global firmware by the way and the standard FM transmitter is the same.

How do i know if my firmware is global? If it isn't is there a way to change it without erasing my data, installed pograms and settings? Is installing the power kernel enough to make the firmware global?

As far as I'm aware no. You have to flash the device to the Global firmware.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Is there a simple application in the repositories to enable the FM transmitter with a simple shortcut click instead of going to the settings menu if you want to use it with another player than the default Media Player?

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina

The Following User Says Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Harick View Post

although the fmtx on my n900 just reachs 5m radius at the most, and even the saddest station can cap my signal

but yeah, you're right, i won't mess with the law

btw, in my country there are A LOT of illegal radio stations (so i feel kind of safe xD) and because of that, there is not a free frequency, someones has 2 or 3 stations at the same time, very annoying..
The point of my suggestion was not because of transmission interference... I could give a rats buttock whatever anyone does with it. (and BTW, theoretically you could broadcast to freakin' Mars if the dang Martians had the right receiver set-up.)

My suggestion to use 87.7 and 87.9 instead of 87.5 was to avoid receiving interference if you happen to live in or travel through an area that broadcasts channel 6 DTV.

I do, and from trying 87,5 months ago by configuring a driver I can tell you that the background "drone" caused by the very powerful DTV transmitter in my area was quite annoying.

After y'all figure this out and use the links I provided in my previous post to find vacant channels in your area to use, you may find that doing so is quite satisfactory now that you are pumping out to the max.

It has always been my opinion that the next step would be once we are at max power without the need for another program or script, is to develop a status bar applet that has 4 or 5 configurable presets that when pushed, enable FMTX at the frequency configured.

Before querty12 went postal, he was working on push button status bar apps.

SLN member # 009

very nice! thank you! you make my life so swwweeeet (8)

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
As far as I'm aware no. You have to flash the device to the Global firmware.

where can i read more about differences between regional firmwares as the global one? And how can i check which one i got?

If you haven't flashed it yourself you probably have whatever version that's sold to you. E.g. if you bought it in the USA, you have US Region.

Don't know where you can read about the differences in region, but I know some of the differences are in whether FM Transmitter was enabled (that's the reason fm_faker) exists. Because it was disabled in certain regions.

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm