Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
U could use this [$4]:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARD-RUBBER-...ht_1402wt_1141

I got one similar to that but clear edge and silver back.
That's fine, but it doesn't give protection to top and bottom edge. The OEM case looks much better IMO (my N9 is blue) and better protection.
If not because I have to switch SIM between phones often for development, I will use the OEM case.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I just bought today CC-1020 case for my white N9 - fits perfectly. I want to use it just when I ski or practicing some kind of outdoor activities. I don't
like the provided in the box leather case.
Normally I am carrying the phone without any cover - looks amazing!

Last edited by zlatko; 2012-01-10 at 20:30. Reason: Mistake in post

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I just bought today CP1020 case for my white N9 - fits perfectly. I want to use it just when I ski or practicing some kind of outdoor activities. I don't
like the provided in the box leather case.
Normally I am carrying the phone without any cover - looks amazing!
Link? Google search reveals nothing.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Nokia CC-1020 that by default comes with black N9s is excellent. Fits the phone perfectly and it thick enough to properly protect it. Thus, to CASE of course!

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-01-10 at 21:01.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@jalyst
Sorry - my mistake: it is CC-1020, the original case provided with other 3 colors of N9. Very happy with it. Will do exactly what I need it for.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
I would be using the case included with the N9 if it was a little better built - my main issue is with the earpiece slot which tends to slide upwards and essentially cover the entire earpiece. I've since been trying to buy the CC-3015 but it apparently doesn't exist in Malaysia.

The other thing I'm considering is buying a MacBook Air/Pro Gelaskin and trying to cut it down to fit the N9 - there's been no news from them about a possible solution from them for the N9 unfortunately.

Problem with the cc-1020 (case that comes with the phone) is that they get dirty very easily.... the corners get black marks, and the overall colour fades. Can't seem to wash them either with any luck

I have the official Nokia hard case cover, it's quite good. You can actually take advantage of the curved glass as it doesn't cover up the sides, yet still offers protection for the sides/front if you were to drop it

I'm just wondering though whether the cc-1020 can cause your phone to creak over time? My cyan n9 now has a slight creak at the bottom....you can feel slight movement between the screen/body when you push it on the bottom

It's normal, the material is polycarbonate, not metal/ aluminum.

So after usage throughout the time, it will get creaky between screen and body as the screen is just simply "pushed into" the body.

I didn't case my white n9 at all, but only use a leather pouch .

BTW, mine is just as "creaky" as yours XDDD

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
Problem with the cc-1020 (case that comes with the phone) is that they get dirty very easily.... the corners get black marks, and the overall colour fades. Can't seem to wash them either with any luck

I have the official Nokia hard case cover, it's quite good. You can actually take advantage of the curved glass as it doesn't cover up the sides, yet still offers protection for the sides/front if you were to drop it

I'm just wondering though whether the cc-1020 can cause your phone to creak over time? My cyan n9 now has a slight creak at the bottom....you can feel slight movement between the screen/body when you push it on the bottom

Originally Posted by kiddn97583 View Post
It's normal, the material is polycarbonate, not metal/ aluminum.

So after usage throughout the time, it will get creaky between screen and body as the screen is just simply "pushed into" the body.

I didn't case my white n9 at all, but only use a leather pouch .

BTW, mine is just as "creaky" as yours XDDD
I think though, that because the case is so tight, it has a greater chance of 'loosening' the screen? If the body is constantly pushing up against the screen, due to the case being on, it may cause the body to loosen up a little

Of course, i have no science to base this off. I am however leaving my black n9 out of the case as it's only being used in the house for now, so i'll see it it develops a creak or not over time

I have just bought a cyan N9, and I have seen a very good-looking hard case at the Nokia Europe website. It's cc-3050, but sadly I think it's not available for now. It's made from laser-cut plastic.

Tags
tocasenottocase