Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston
Hello Everyone,
I really need someone's help regarding my MFE. The problem started after upgrading to version 21.2011.38-1. After the upgrade completed the first thing I did is setup my Gmail as IMAP and tried to set up my Email with MFE to connect to exchange server 2007. I am the administrator and I haven't changed anything prior the update. I installed power-kernel for overclock and ip6 and community OS for a fix if it was there, I tried importing the cert. for my server "Which didn't have to do before" with the same error . I have the syslog for active-sync attached .
If someone has an idea on how to fix this please let me know . Thank you all
Attached Files
File Type: tar activesync.rar.tar (7.2 KB, 88 views)

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by SpRoOoOo View Post
Hello Everyone,
I really need someone's help regarding my MFE. The problem started after upgrading to version 21.2011.38-1. After the upgrade completed the first thing I did is setup my Gmail as IMAP and tried to set up my Email with MFE to connect to exchange server 2007. I am the administrator and I haven't changed anything prior the update. I installed power-kernel for overclock and ip6 and community OS for a fix if it was there, I tried importing the cert. for my server "Which didn't have to do before" with the same error . I have the syslog for active-sync attached .
Don't know if it is really related to your problem, but some time ago it was the ip6 test day and people had all kinds of errors and were not able to read their mails.

It worth checking if fixing it to ip4 solves your problems. There were instructions here, maybe search could help you read more on the issue.

HIH

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Don't know if it is really related to your problem, but some time ago it was the ip6 test day and people had all kinds of errors and were not able to read their mails.

It worth checking if fixing it to ip4 solves your problems. There were instructions here, maybe search could help you read more on the issue.

HIH
Thx for the reply man. I am going to restore connectivity back to IPv4. but wouldn't upgrading the phone restores the system files back to normal?? since I tried to configuring the MFE directly after the upgrade ! am going to try your idea first though . I will post back.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post

HIH
same error "Error in communication with Exchange server" . So IPv6 is not the reason ! I think I could flash back to the older version but am not going to consider this option yet .. anyother suggestions will be appreciated ??

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by SpRoOoOo View Post
Hello Everyone,
The log would suggest that either the Exchange details you entered were incorrect, or there were some network issues. Lines 424-440 show it attempting to connect to driskillconsulting.com but failing to resolve the address. After that it seems to be trying to use server.com instead (unless you've done some substitutions on the log?) for some reason.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The log would suggest that either the Exchange details you entered were incorrect, or there were some network issues. Lines 424-440 show it attempting to connect to driskillconsulting.com but failing to resolve the address. After that it seems to be trying to use server.com instead (unless you've done some substitutions on the log?) for some reason.
Thx For the reply and confirming my initial troubleshooting . Yes I did some changes in the log file since not everyone is trust worthy like you guys. The information is correct a 100% email, password, username, domain and server address. It's kinda of weird why the client can't resolve the server name after resolving all other information. Do you think its related to the certificate??

Can you resolve the servername in a terminal by nslookup?
If not, what happens if you add servername and IP address to /etc/hosts and try to sync again?

The Following User Says Thank You to n900-dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post
If not, what happens if you add servername and IP address to /etc/hosts and try to sync again?
I was able to resolve it and adjusted host file . still the same.

Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post

And I did check cert. and shows it's fine . Should I just flash back to the version before the update ??
Attached Images

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Bree (B)
I have identical problems syncing at work with MfE to Outlook, even when trying to sync the device to m.google.com I get this communication error. My own and my girlfriends phone show the same problem.

Software version says;21.2011.38-1

@SpRoOoOo
I hope I'm not stealing your story here, so please let me know if there's no relation. It would help me if you checked syncing to gmail works for your device.

Thanks,
Bill

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!