Notices

I use the mediaplayer as alarm clock, where it is started from commandline by this:
dbus-send --dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer /com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer com.nokia.mafw.renderer.play

Is it also possible to start OMP from commandline, and start playing last played song?

The Following User Says Thank You to n900-dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I've found a bug in omp
Sometimes I get lots of blank "album slots"
It'd be about 4 pages or more
Reproducibility is veeery low (1/25) so I couldn't make a log.
But I'll post the screenshots soon
A log probably won't be too useful, but who knows... A screenshot might give me a clue. Do those 'slots' appear in the main album browser, or after selecting an artist?

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
about the shuffle order: I've got a proposal of additional algorithms. They could be set in settings.
First of all, OMP doesn't do the actual shuffling, it relies on MAFW instead. I prefer to leave it this way for the same reason why one-repeat is still not there and why I'm reluctant to implement the queue system requested by FireyFly: it would either require watching the playback progress all the time, or wait for another song to start and then change the song again. Both solutions are ugly, vulnerable to delays and not in the spirit of the original media player (remember, it's just a replacement).

Second, is the current way of shuffling really that bad? In my opinion it's really nice. You can use next/previous button to travel through a randomized playlist, so it's possible to go back to one of the songs played before. Whenever you become bored with it, press the button to turn shuffling off and then press it again to randomize a new order.

Originally Posted by n900-dk View Post
I use the mediaplayer as alarm clock, where it is started from commandline by this:
dbus-send --dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer /com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer com.nokia.mafw.renderer.play

Is it also possible to start OMP from commandline, and start playing last played song?
You could use that command together with "dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.open_mp_now_playing".

The Following User Says Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=gidzzz;1139644
You could use that command together with "dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.open_mp_now_playing".[/QUOTE]

Thanks gidzzz - it nearly works. It opens OMP and find last played song, but it doesn't start playing automatically. What did I miss?

It's impossible in one D-Bus call. If you have to enter a one-liner somewhere, you can probably use a semicolon:
Code:
dbus-send --dest=com.nokia.mafw.renderer.Mafw-Gst-Renderer-Plugin.gstrenderer /com/nokia/mafw/renderer/gstrenderer com.nokia.mafw.renderer.play; dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.open_mp_now_playing
You can also specify a file to open and play, if that's of any use to you:
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"/path/to/file.mp3"

Last edited by gidzzz; 2011-12-19 at 21:10.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Works perfect! Thank you very much! Now OMP can wake me up every morning

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Second, is the current way of shuffling really that bad? In my opinion it's really nice. You can use next/previous button to travel through a randomized playlist, so it's possible to go back to one of the songs played before. Whenever you become bored with it, press the button to turn shuffling off and then press it again to randomize a new order.
I also like the current way of shuffling. Sometimes there are songs in a randomized playlist that I want to hear again, pressing previous would take me back to that song instead of having to search for it after pulling the phone from my pocket. The only player that doesn't behave like this is the one in my other Nokia phone and I don't like it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Gidzzz,

I've tried to use that following command to play internet radio but I see black and internet connection has to be active.
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:YOUR_HTTP_RADIO_LINK > /dev/null
I saw some empty slots at the end of playlists when I tried to open songs with FileBox.

I found another bug too, to reproduce it, scroll a playlist on Now Playing view and note the song you touched in the meanwhile. Now go press the elapsed/remaining time label and the song changes to the one you touched before.

As for choosing between elapsed and remaining time, will you make the label a bit easier to tap on?

My embedded album art still gets replaced by the placeholder image when I reset it.

Regarding the lyrics view, I think auto-scrolling and highlighting current line would be a nice addition.

Those are my somewhat important suggestions...

Last edited by megaexer; 2011-12-21 at 16:18. Reason: more ideas & testing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megaexer For This Useful Post:
I just uploaded a small update:
  • Fixed songs being changed when toggling the time label mode.
  • Fixed (probably) a crash when opening the player through a desktop widget.
  • Updated translations.
The crash was vary hard to reproduce, that's why I'm not sure. Please report here if it still occurs.

Originally Posted by megaexer View Post
I've tried to use that following command to play internet radio but I see black and internet connection has to be active.
Code:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:YOUR_HTTP_RADIO_LINK > /dev/null
OMP currently doesn't differentiate between audio and video streams, so it always opens the video window.

I saw some empty slots at the end of playlists when I tried to open songs with FileBox.
But it doesn't happen every time, right? I stumbled upon this in some other cases, but unfortunately it's very rare for me, so I'm still waiting for an opportunity to take a good look at it.

I found another bug too, to reproduce it, scroll a playlist on Now Playing view and note the song you touched in the meanwhile. Now go press the elapsed/remaining time label and the song changes to the one you touched before.
Fixed, thanks.

As for choosing between elapsed and remaining time, will you make the label a bit easier to tap on?
I'll try, but enlarging it vertically is probably all I can do.

My embedded album art still gets replaced by the placeholder image when I reset it.
If Tracker is too slow with extracting the image, OMP doesn't wait for it and leaves the placeholder image. However, as soon as Tracker is finished and you change a song, the proper art should be there. If that's not the case, I don't know what's going on.

Regarding the lyrics view, I think auto-scrolling and highlighting current line would be a nice addition.
This would require a karaoke-like format for lyrics. I think it's too much hassle for just a few songs, as those files are much harder to find.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Hello to the brilliant OMP team.

I hadn't played with the settings or the playlist editing lately, until today, when I noticed two things:

1. I cannot change any of the settings! I ticked "enable lyrics" and saved. Going back to settings "enable lyrics" was unticked again. Same thing happened with all the settings parameters

2. I wanted to edit my playlist but the "edit playlist" option was not in the rollout anymore. There is only "add to now playing" "delete playlist and "save playlist"

Forgive me if those cases have been already solved in previous posts, but they are way too many to browse through

Thanks

I have noticed a bug all the time I open a file from the file manager i.e. the first time I open a file it just doesnt play (it show the name of the first file in the folder). and then when I open it the second time it works...

Please confirm the problem or is it only with me.

Thanks a lot...

Note: I'm using the latest version.. hope this might help.

Edit:
Request: Is it possible to select multiple files from the library (or all songs) and add them to the Now playing playlist/ new playlist...

I did this all the time on my old N80 ... thank you

Last edited by TransTech; 2011-12-23 at 14:21.

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse