Active Topics

I am not sure this is the right place to post this, but the mailing lists didn't really seem any better...

I know there has been a big uproar about requirements for submitting content into the OVI Store, VAT's, Insurance, etc.

But I have another question:

Will Python applications be supported by the OVI Store?

I already think it was a huge mistake by Nokia to not include the Python libraries right on the device (discouraging Python development), but it would be asinine, in my opinion, if they didn't have the OVI store support Python. Realistically, all that needs to be done is the uploading all of the Python stuff to the OVI repository. However this doesn't appear to be the case.

"apt-cache search python" with just the OVI store repo enabled yields no results... I certainly hope support is planned in the future.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
I don't think the OVI store contains the full dependencies for any of the apps/games, so I don't see why python should be any different.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
I don't think the OVI store contains the full dependencies for any of the apps/games, so I don't see why python should be any different.
OVI doesn't need to provide dependencies, because they are already installed to device. Did you notice that qt4 libraries are now part of the SSU package?

Tags
ovi, ovi store, python