Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
It fixed already. Please wait new release!
Damn, thought I had found a new one
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Telescope 0.2.6 is here
Changelog:
  • Portrait mode
  • Hardware keys control
  • Starting programs with hardware keys
  • Changed window decorations (design by Kroll)
  • Bugfixes

When you open Telescope current window will be highlighted. By default, you can move selection by pressing F5 key again and activate selected window with Escape key.

Hardware keys are configured with /etc/telescope.keys config file. Syntax is follows:
Code:
event(keysym): actiontype(action)
event: only "press" for now
keysym: key name in X11 notation. For example: F4, Escape, Space, Return, Left, Right
actiontype: "internal" for Telescope's internal actions or "shell" for running external commands
action: action itself.
For actiontype=="internal" action is one of "selectNext", "selectPrev", "switchToSelected", which will move selection forward, move it backward and switch to selected window.
For actiontype=="shell" action is shell command to start.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Telescope 0.2.6.1
Several pixmaps was missed in previous release. Please sorry for inconvience. If you only see 0.2.6 in Application Manager, please update package list by hands with refresh button or 'apt-get update'.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Updated to 0.2.6.1 and first of all thanks for continuing to work on this great application!

From your changelog:

Portrait mode
Works great. If I now switch to Telescope whilst in Portrait mode the bottom half of the screen now displays properly.

Hardware keys control
The F5/Escape for switching between apps works great!

And, if there is anyone out there who is as nooby as me:
F5: The top hardware key on the left hand side on the N810,
Escape: The bottom hardware key on the left side on the N810.

Starting programs with hardware keys
This one is probably the most exciting one - yet the one I currently understand the least.

Could I for instance, add a line in the config file for;
"Press (Space): shell(microb)"

and that would launch microb browser, by pressing Space, whilst I am on the Telescope Appswitcher screen?

And also, wouldn't you want to restrict the use of certain keysym as they are used by Telescope itself (like F5 and Escape)?

Changed window decorations (design by Kroll)
I don't see what the changes are. (Sorry Kroll! )

And one 'potential bug':
When I open up Telescope App switcher none of the applications on the screen has its header 'highlighted'. I have to press F5 and then the highligted/selected color starts showing on the top of the thumbnails.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I have to press F5 and then the highligted/selected color starts showing on the top of the thumbnails.
This is a feature, 'cause somebody don't use hardware buttons to switch between applications... So why he must look on focused decorator? He's not cares, 'cause he choose the task with his own finger

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
This is a feature, 'cause somebody don't use hardware buttons to switch between applications... So why he must look on focused decorator? He's not cares, 'cause he choose the task with his own finger
Lol, ok point taken - that's why I said 'potential bug'

Thanks

Originally Posted by silvermountain
Could I for instance, add a line in the config file for;
"Press (Space): shell(microb)"
Sure, it will work. One moment: configuration file parsing is very stupid now and have several restrictions:
1. "press" must be lowercase
2. Spaces can be only around the colon
3. Keysym must be exactly equal to X11's list. And they seems to be case-sensitive (actually i just call internal function of X11 to read the keysym). You may refer list in this header file: http://skriblovsky.net/maemo/keysymdef.h .
For example, Space key should be written as "space", lowercase. In next release i will try to make keysyms case-insensitive.

So, you should rewrite the line as follows:
press(space): shell(microb)

I checked this on my tablet right now - works like a charm

Windows decorations become a bit larger and font is now more readable.

About 'potential bug': yes, it is bug, active window should be highlighted Kroll, i will add option for disabling selection completely. But if someone wants to use hardware keys for navigation, we should not make him to do additional keypress

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Thanks, the starting with hardware keys is a feature which I didn't know I missed, until now. I will use it a LOT.

Next project for you: the compiz cube. Joking, of course (as always).

Last edited by Alister; 2010-05-12 at 18:23.

Originally Posted by Alister View Post
Thanks, the starting with hardware keys is a feature which I didn't know I missed, until now. I will use it a LOT.
LOL, same here. Just set some up and this is INCREDIBLY useful.

Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I can't see the update. Neither the Application Manager, nor apt-get update finds it

Tags
diablo, maemo4, n800, n810, telescope