I am going with...Pollyannas? ...view on this.

It's a crime to advertise untruths. If the ad claims there's a BBC player and FIFA 10 for the N900, then I do believe at the time the ad was created, they expected a BBC player and FIFA 10 to be available at the time of the magazine going to print.

The OVI Store _will_ open eventually. Something's gotta be in there, they need something special in there if they want publicity about the store opening. That's probably their main reason for holding back the store opening too... They await the headliner app to be ready.

Last edited by volt; 2010-01-09 at 19:25.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
There's no evidence that iplayer is in the Ovi store. Unless flash 10 is in the firmware upgrade.

But I firmly believe it will come.

(Pollyanna's philosophy of life centers on what she calls "The Glad Game", an optimistic attitude she learned from her father. The game consists of finding something to be glad about in every situation. It originated in an incident one Christmas when Pollyanna, who was hoping for a doll in the missionary barrel, found only a pair of crutches inside. Making the game up on the spot, Pollyanna's father taught her to look at the good side of things—in this case, to be glad about the crutches because "we don't need 'em!". - wikipedia)

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Link is set as private.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
Erm i am not surprised at all, i have been ripped at by 'fanboiys' for mentioning nokias advertosing campaigns being far from the truth. thanks for sharing this.

I like stuff anyway, i havent had it for years but i used to get it every month.

i can understand a 3 star review- i am sure the majority of stuff readers would be more about the 3gs or android nexus 1..

but there are many positives from a consumer point of view.

unefical advertising will get more units sold(more interest-more functions,more quality)- and hopefully its only unethical in terms of the fact that these said features perhaps arnt out yet but will be on there way SOON!!!!

Last edited by mysticrokks; 2010-01-09 at 19:26.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Link is set as private.
how do i change it, i'm looking but can't figure it out

I have OB on ignore - but let me guess. Nokia suck - every other smartphone is better. Apple Apple Apple - buttlick buttlick buttlick. Troll Troll Troll.

Am I close?

Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Barts View Post
how do i change it, i'm looking but can't figure it out
In Ovi Share open the album which has the picture and scroll to bottom of page. Click the "Album settings" (see pic below). There are options for public and private.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
the page i'm refering too is actually a nokia advertisement
Oh, right in that case, things explicitly stated should be accurate as far as possible or they can be slapped by the ASA or possibly OFT. Note that adverts have to be placed and finalised a long time before publication, so if they honestly intended those features to be available at the time of advertising and timescales have slipped for unexpected reasons there's no real case to answer as they weren't being dishonest.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Barts For This Useful Post:
http://share.ovi.com/media/Barts.76....Barts.76.10004

right , try that
Working now.

Tags
magazine, marketing vs reality, n900, ovi, ovi store, store, stuff, stuff magazine