Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
so what are Meego's chances? Is there any chance that this community build updates on meego? Maybe maemo 7? (because I personally think that Sailfish is too complicated to use, and I don't see anything better vs meego, except apps) I don't know I'm not a developer and I'm quite new at this community, but what I know It hurts when you got "stabbed" in your back like this, this community didn't deserved this... So I wonder, is this community capable of providing their own (meego reinvented) OS?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anzx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
FREE APPS !
Sorry.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
i hope, by this date, we can use Jolla store...

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-10-04 at 19:41.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
i hope, by this date, we can use Jolla store...
I believe you can but I still want to use my N9

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Expected development. Good thing we have openrepos.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Originally Posted by anzx View Post
so what are Meego's chances? Is there any chance that this community build updates on meego? Maybe maemo 7? (because I personally think that Sailfish is too complicated to use, and I don't see anything better vs meego, except apps) I don't know I'm not a developer and I'm quite new at this community, but what I know It hurts when you got "stabbed" in your back like this, this community didn't deserved this... So I wonder, is this community capable of providing their own (meego reinvented) OS?
If you're just talking bugfixes and minor feature additions to Harmattan, these may be possible (OpenRepos and an mp-harmattan version bump will probably be instrumental) .

If you're after an entire new OS version, you probably want to keep an eye on Nemo Mobile long-term, as it's basically a successor to MeeGo. It's still in the process of transition to Wayland right now though - see its subforum here, or #nemomobile on freenode.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Eztran View Post
If you're just talking bugfixes and minor feature additions to Harmattan, these may be possible (OpenRepos and an mp-harmattan version bump will probably be instrumental) .

If you're after an entire new OS version, you probably want to keep an eye on Nemo Mobile long-term, as it's basically a successor to MeeGo. It's still in the process of transition to Wayland right now though - see its subforum here, or #nemomobile on freenode.
yes, nemomobile is about fightthefuture and we should support it!

I think that project can be really cool if more getting involved. It also helps Jolla fans.

Harmattan and Fremantle is dead platforms. accept it and move forward N9 will live on without nokia but now as an community project.

Summary is we should all help port harmattan apps to nemo.

No way I continue upgrade my N9 harmattan apps in ovi **** store. I go to sailfishos and nemo thats for sure.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-10-04 at 20:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Only thing I am worried is CuteTube. It needs updates often and I cant live without it.
I'll be making cuteTube and MusiKloud freely available at (or before) the end of the year. Updates will continue to be released.

My website

GitHub

The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I really need to change my username

Elop has truly destroyed this once great company.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
OpenRepos is with us. We have the power of open!

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:

Tags
meego, nokia, ovi store, support, symbian