Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
Hi guys,

after updating to the newest cssu und v49 power kernel, the fmtx doesn't work anymore!

any hint?

cheers

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@freemangordon:

Now KP v49 is stable, what about start porting upstream Linux 3.x or Meego n900 kernel for Maemo?

A lot of n900 drivers are upstreamed, see http://elektranox.org/n900/kernel/status.html

And Meego n900 kernel should have all drivers included, see https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-de...on/n900_kernel
I hope you are joking

Anyway, a little closer to find the bugger. Seems on shutdown with charger attached USB is not suspended and watchdog is kicking.
Code:
	if ((val & STS_VBUS) && !twl4030_usb_suspended) {
		printk(KERN_EMERG "twl4030-poweroff: VBUS on,"
				  " forcing restart!\n");
		/* Set watchdog, Triton goes to WAIT-ON state.
		   VBUS will cause start up */
		twl4030_i2c_write_u8(TWL4030_MODULE_PM_RECEIVER, 1,
				     TWL4030_WATCHDOG_CFG_REG_OFFS);
		while (1);
	}
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
And here is a tale illustrating how complex these multi-variate devices can be: I reflashed everything and with a few progs installed BUT without re-installing CSSU or KP I have ....... a loquacious CPU, as visible in battery graph.

This is not helpful in solving but it goes to show that KP is not always the culprit.... But if it varies from one version to the next then it may well be the case.
Hi Handaxe

And I would completely agree with you as an observation this has now been apparent with two KP versions and not with the in between versions.

The only significant change between each version was the KP and a reboot, my software stack has been as I like it for a long time now.

I set the upper cpu to 720 in KP49, 750 in earlier versions.

In each case the cpu chatter seems to be related to the wifi as it seems to directly affect autodisconnects monitoring of the wifi traffic.

When I compare battery charts between the different KP versions there is definately more activity on average with KP47 and 49 than pre-47 and 48 but again this is not definitive of any specific issue.

I didn't say it was anything other than an observation and certainly not a criticism of the good work done by the KP maintainers.

I only asked in passing if anyone might have any thoughts, perhaps a suggestion how to track down the extra load.

I am willing to bet KP50 makes it all better again! :-)

rgds

Last edited by uTMY; 2011-11-21 at 19:13.

@freemangordon
Many posts here in just few hours, so - for the record, if by any chance, You've missed it - could You please look at question there?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2180

Sorry if this bump was not necessary.

---

As for bugger, what makes me wonder, is that reboot/shutown bug is appearing even without charger. It seems, that charger reboot loop is just one "manifestation" of bug with rebooting - but, who knows, maybe there are many things overlapping. It's very strange, that it happens for so many people in very different points of time (and setup), with only KP(42-49) in common.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imacmillan View Post
maybe someone can help. 49 installed. im getting this error with latest settings.

/home/user # kernel-config load ulv
loading /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/ulv
warning: 720000 not supported
sh: write error: Invalid argument
sh: write error: Invalid argument
successfully loaded.

EDIT - actually ignore me, im a div. was using kp49 debs from a few days ago
I installed the new kernel 49 from with HAM.
I am getting the same error message as above whenever i l try to use the new settings by issuing as a root the following command
/home/user # kernel-config load load dsp.

I don't no what i am doing wrong. I have searched the threads but couldn't find a solution.
Someone Pls Help

i used the frequency of dsp of my setting of overcloked and it seems no reboot happens.. it is safe to enable vd1 at the freq of 900-500?

can anybody please confirm that the fmtx is still working?
Thanks!

why does it always show 72000 not supported when i try to load profile dsp??

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
i have tested the fmtx with the original omap1 kernel, and it works flawless, so the fmtx error comes definitely from kp49!

any help?

The Following User Says Thank You to StocChr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by bbkshine View Post
Whenever i try to update KPv49 in app manager... it says

Code:
Unable to update 'Linux for Power user ( boot image for multiboot)'
confilct with application packages: Linux kernel for power user (1:2.6.28-10power48)
I installed nitdroid also..

So how can i solve this ?
I am also having this same problem. Can someone help us?

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou