Active Topics

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by karan5chaos View Post
my bad
one quick question :
would it be possible for u to implement window switching on just one side ? so that one side would be for app switching and another side for minimizing .
no idea, i didn't decided about whole conccept yet.

I it possible to trigger an event/action the moment an user swipes over the touchscreens edge, i mean starting the swipe from the middle of touchscreen and swiping out?

It could be used in folders to drop icons out.

Last edited by veeall; 2015-02-25 at 17:28.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Everything is possible in QML

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
@coderus - help needed
I was not able to remove two patches in patch manager before today's update - did a uninstall in warehouse but they were still persistent - maze lock and eventsview controls attached page

did the update anyway - the patches now are still not removable with patch manager - while the added events screen only disappeared the maze lock ist still in the system at boot but doesn't work anymore so I have to switch to normal keypad to log my code ...

could you tell me how to get rid of the two patches ... thx

Have the same problem.

Two patches (Battery StatusBar and Eventsview Control) can I not deactivate. It comes the notification that I can not remove the patches. It's independent if the patches are install or not. (also tried to deactivate the repos)

Can anyone tell me how I can reset the patch manager or how I can use it via terminal so I can see maybe a better error?

Originally Posted by heubergen View Post
Have the same problem.

Two patches (Battery StatusBar and Eventsview Control) can I not deactivate. It comes the notification that I can not remove the patches. It's independent if the patches are install or not. (also tried to deactivate the repos)

Can anyone tell me how I can reset the patch manager or how I can use it via terminal so I can see maybe a better error?
same here, those two are the problematic ones. no matter what you, they stay :/

I've als find out that the issues are only on the two listed patches (Battery StatusBar and Eventsview Control).
I think its dependent if the preload service have to restart or not.

Maybe that help the dev by the debugging

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@all,

I just spent an hour chasing the same problem. 1.1.2.16 has definitely changed something in Eventsview with the direct consequence that all the Patchmanager patches affecting Eventsview no longer work. In my case the problem persisted even after completely uninstalling all the patches and Patchmanager itself. After the reinstallation, Patchmanager thought the Eventsview patch was installed and active when it was neither.

Eventually the only fix I found was manually deleting /var/lib/patchmanager/ausmt/*, where * stands for any patch causing trouble. Better still, uninstall Patchmanager and remove /var/lib/patchmanager completely. After reinstalling Patchmanager and all the patches, everything works fine. You can even install the Eventsview patches; they will appear on the list - deactivated - but will fail to activate until fixed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@all,

I just spent an hour chasing the same problem. 1.1.2.16 has definitely changed something in Eventsview with the direct consequence that all the Patchmanager patches affecting Eventsview no longer work. In my case the problem persisted even after completely uninstalling all the patches and Patchmanager itself. After the reinstallation, Patchmanager thought the Eventsview patch was installed and active when it was neither.

Eventually the only fix I found was manually deleting /var/lib/patchmanager/ausmt/*, where * stands for any patch causing trouble. Better still, uninstall Patchmanager and remove /var/lib/patchmanager completely. After reinstalling Patchmanager and all the patches, everything works fine. You can even install the Eventsview patches; they will appear on the list - deactivated - but will fail to activate until fixed.
Just adding my own experience: I had "Eventsview controls attached page" applied before the update. I unapplied all patches and updated to 1.1.2.16. Reapplied the same patches as I had earlier. Everything works, including Eventsview controls.

So, 1.1.2.16 doesn't break all Events view patches for all users. I haven't tried "Eventsview controls with settings applet" on 1.1.2.16 though.

Last edited by ssahla; 2015-02-25 at 22:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssahla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
@all,

Remove the complete files and reinstall the apps and patchs. Will still not work for me, I get a "failed to install patch" after try to activate the patch Battery StatusBar on Lockscreen

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os