Since it's a case thread, I should share a nice link with all you N9 beloved meego-ers

http://0rz.tw/js41Q

I've collected every color of CC-1020. black, cyan, magenta, and a secret color of lime green
(but not the n9 version of lime green, mine will be lumia 800's, since I didn't pre-order my N9 in china, they give N9 version of lime green cc1020 as a gift.)

for those who wanna get all 3 cases or as some spare units, you can ask proxy service provided by those you trust, the cases above are legit, I've purchased 3. around 3.XUSD a piece (shipping won't cost you too much compare to ebay)

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Dropped the N9 onto marble floor from about 4 feet and the rubber case acted like flubber. The phone bounced in the air and landed on its back. Zero scratches and zero dents. This alone has convinced me to leave this on indefinitely.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Mine is in it's case as i find the phone marks too easily! with finger prints and grease.

I would rather not use the case but whenever i do take it out i find myself forever buffing it up to remove all the marks off the polycarbonate!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by kiddn97583 View Post
I've collected every color of CC-1020. black, cyan, magenta, and a secret color of lime green
I used to have 8 different colors of those rubberized hard case for my N900, threw one away after it got enough wear and put a new one on, it's like getting a new phone every time XD

The one you showed look nice, seems like it's like the OEM case (it does say original) that will cover all but the screen, unlike what I saw on ebay that do not cover all the trim.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ KL, Msia
My N9 case actually scratched the polycarbonate casing. There are marks now caused by the seams of the casing provided by Nokia.

So I thought what the hell, better just take it off.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by zero.vishnu View Post
My N9 case actually scratched the polycarbonate casing. There are marks now caused by the seams of the casing provided by Nokia...
How? It is pretty soft & rubberized.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bahía Blanca, Argentina
I use the factory shipped cyan rubber case too, but i like SO MUCH how the phone looks and feel without it, just love the curve screen, but it's more slippery and you must handle it more carefully. Almost 98% of the time it's inside the case. I've taked it out three times to play with it.

In the next days i'll be ordering the CP-553 leather case. It's simple; do you like the "nude" N9? Then take it out from the case, enjoy it, and when you finished simply slide it into the case again and you're done, and the screen also gets protection!

1100 >> 3220 >> 5310 >> 5230 >> N9

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Don't you have that problem with your original soft cover?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=143

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
"To case" ---> sadly but surely.

I was against casing my N9 ...until it had a nasty fall, chiping away the top left corner...

Now, I use the case....

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
I use the supplied silicon case for normal day-to-day use.
Other occasions I use one of these -
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:

Tags
tocasenottocase