Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
This sounds like MTP is working on the tablet also in this direction.
(typical behaviour also on (Windows) PC when you connect an MTP device to it - Open some picture browsing app...

Does the gallery app on your tablet also show photos that are stored on Jolla?
That's exactly what I assumed when I saw that Schturman's post.

Please be aware that you won't be able to browse the entire file system, only what the Jolla's MTP decided to export. There is a file user-dirs.dirs in /home/nemo/.config with the list. It also has a comment with some useful info.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Casanunda View Post
Does the gallery app on your tablet also show photos that are stored on Jolla?
Yes, I can see photos from Jolla.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Please be aware that you won't be able to browse the entire file system, only what the Jolla's MTP decided to export. There is a file user-dirs.dirs in /home/nemo/.config with the list. It also has a comment with some useful info.
What you mean "be aware" ? What can happen ?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Yes, I can see photos from Jolla.
Hurray! Mission accomplished.

What you mean "be aware" ? What can happen ?
Nothing, just that a few pictures and videos is all you will see.

I think you can trick it by making a symlink from one of your exposed folders to a folder higher up the path. But I'm sure you know that already

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This is exactly what I want.. But I want it via ssh over USB... Through wifi it work perfectly..
Well, you are more than half way there since the difficult thing is to connect the 2 devices togther so that one is the master and one is the slave.

Now, what you need is to set up IP over USB on the connection you have between the devices. On Jolla side you can do it from the USB connection menu, but if the Android tablet dooes not have that you need to manually launch up the correct kernel module and configure IP address for the interface.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, you are more than half way there since the difficult thing is to connect the 2 devices togther so that one is the master and one is the slave.

Now, what you need is to set up IP over USB on the connection you have between the devices. On Jolla side you can do it from the USB connection menu, but if the Android tablet dooes not have that you need to manually launch up the correct kernel module and configure IP address for the interface.
This what I tried to do.. but when I connect jolla to tablet and choose "Developer mode" or "PC connection" on jolla, the USB setting don't have any setting. It Just show "Connected as Dev mode" and Default USB mode: Always ask.
I can't do nothing here... From the tablet I tried ssh connection like via wifi in JuiceSSH app, but it can't connect. Probably like someone said my tablet don't have usb networking and I have no idea how to get it work.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This what I tried to do.. but when I connect jolla to tablet and choose "Developer mode" or "PC connection" on jolla, the USB setting don't have any setting. It Just show "Connected as Dev mode" and Default USB mode: Always ask.
I can't do nothing here... From the tablet I tried ssh connection like via wifi in JuiceSSH app, but it can't connect. Probably like someone said my tablet don't have usb networking and I have no idea how to get it work.
No, you need to go to the tablet console, load up the required module and configure the IP address manually.

It is possible your tablet does not have the module, in that case you need to get the correct kernel source (which is available from the manufacturer) and recompile the kernel with CONFIG_USB_ETH=m to get the support module.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
You speak Chinese with me, I'm not programmer
I don't have a clue what to do with what you said.
Probably it's not for me.. For now I found another solution for bad wifi in my work. I just do tethering from jolla and connect tablet to this network. In this case ssh over wifi work quickly, but it eat my 3g internet..

This is exactly what I want.. But I want it via ssh over USB... Through wifi it work perfectly..
youll need a driver or module i take it? windows uses ndis, am guessing whats the android equivalent.

maybe this

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com...-rpi-using-usb

the Jolla would obviously be the raspberry pi, connected in dev mode, and the android is set in how that link says

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hmm I wonder if reverse tethering following this guide is doable: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2287494

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Does anyone know how the mtp support is implemented in Sailfish?

I'm presuming it is libmtp http://libmtp.sourceforge.net/

Can it initiate a connection and browse an attached device? Does it need one of the file manager developers to add support? Does Jolla need to change the gallery app to browse cameras?