Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
hey guys just want to share with you all that 10minutes ago i saw an unidentifying flying object.

April 24th 2011.
8:20pm, Deanwell, Hamilton, New Zealand.

Its so bright like a star but is not as far away as it is seem, a big bright light. It's hovering for about 10minutes and then move left and then right and just before it disappeared, i ran inside to grab my camera (15x zoom) then it moving left and right and then changing colour from bright to dimmer and disappeared in the thin air.

I thought i can chase it to capture it on the video but its no where to be seen, jumped into my car and start driving for 5km to the farm side and there is nothing at sight.

I'm pretty sure it is not a plane, because its hovering and did not blink at all. Gutted I couldn't catched it on camera, otherwise it would have been awesome.

All i can say is damn!

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ UT@NL
How interesting... and you had to post that on the maemo forum, did you? :P

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by hsmade View Post
How interesting... and you had to post that on the maemo forum, did you? :P
People here believe all the crap on odd websites talking about Maemo/MeeGo, so why not?

(that said, I'm an UFO agnostic and it might actually be maxximuscool saw something, but definite proof is so hard to get)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Not a Westpac Rescue Helicopter then?

Interesting, my partner saw a bright light in the sky the other morning, I was asleep, and she couldn't wake me; but I reckoned it could have been Venus. She doesn't drink. If I'd seen it, I'd blame the drink - especially if I'd been drinking Absinthe. I did see one many years ago in Wales. I blame that one on tiny little mushrooms. There is usually a good explanation for these things. I'd play safe and put it down to a Westpac myself - otherwise you may be getting a knock on the door, and the men will be wearing white, not black...

Edit: the motion you describe sounds more like a police chopper. Used to get them a lot where I lived in the UK, using IR to track crims fleeing into the local council estate. Not seen those round Hamilton myself. Westpacs do fly into Hamilton hospital from all over the Waikato.

Pity you didn't use your n900 to take some pictures - the camera on it is pretty cool, and it is there right when you need it.
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

Last edited by mishmich; 2011-04-24 at 10:24.

I'm in guys. I love UFO's, just not like Skyline movie...
Everyone, prepare your cameras just in case.
I wish we had a UFO shooting mode in N900.

While I'm not a complete sceptic on these things, I do believe there's a perfectly rational explanation for these sightings.
I mean, what IS a UFO?
While I can believe that there's other civilisations out there, what sort of being would have the technology to fly across thousands of light years of space only to get lost in the Nevada Desert?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
While I'm not a complete sceptic on these things, I do believe there's a perfectly rational explanation for these sightings.
I mean, what IS a UFO?
While I can believe that there's other civilisations out there, what sort of being would have the technology to fly across thousands of light years of space only to get lost in the Nevada Desert?
Good point - or visit the Waikato when there's so much else to see in New Zealand...
Maemo 5, Windows 7 (for MCE, MS.Word+Endnote), Debian, Ubuntu, trying to get LibreOffice Writer+Bibus working properly with EndNote bibliography, given up trying to get MythTV working with AverMedia Galaxy DVB-S USB tuner. Linux & astronomy: http://mishastro.wikispaces.com/

The simplest explanation is usually the right one: It was a drone from this planet. If it was close and you didn't hear anything, it's using an electric motor. Imagine how many UFOs they see in the Middle East.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
hey guys just want to share with you all that 10minutes ago i saw an unidentifying flying object.
That was me throwing my N900 out of the window in blind frustration. I threw it so hard, it made its way to the other side of the world. Can I have it back now?

My website

GitHub