Active Topics

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Ok had this issue for 4 days now.

While texting - entering text using the hardware keyboard the app closes fully 'application closed - internal error'

This is N900
PR1.2
Tmobile

Today i reflashed the firmware ... and its still doing it so could do with some help. I can get the issue to happen every time in the messaging app by pressing lots of buttons on the keyboard quickly which seems to make it happen.

Doesn't appear to be any one key combination it goes at a different moment and different time each time it happens.

Thanks,

Marc

Last edited by marcdxn; 2010-06-02 at 17:27.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Try backing up everything that's on your "Nokia N900" memory and then reflash both the firmware and the eMMC. Then try again without reinstalling any apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Hi ToJa - Earlier today i flashed the Firmware then booted right up (latest uk pr1.2 release)

Is there a particular eMMC to use and do i flash the eMMC in the same way?

Hoping this issue has been seen here the forums before...

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Yes, you flash the eMMC the same way. The exception is that you remove the -R from the flasher command line when you flash the first image, then after that is done you flash the eMMC image with -R option. Basically you need to flash the fiasco image and the eMMC at the same time, without reboots. Then your N900 will be as it left the factory.

EDIT: Look here http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...e_command_line

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-06-01 at 21:26.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
ive never removed the -R when flashing the eMMC image, i always give them both the same command, with different file names of course, never failed me yet

@marcdxn
im in uk and i flash with 'global'
seem to remember the 'uk' variant giving me 'cant read sim' errors,
that was 4-5 months ago tho, not sure if it still does that now, and theres only 1 eMMC image, use 'the newest one'

Just done the Fiasco Global.
About to load in the eMMC Vanilla now...

Fingers crossed this solves the problem i'll update the thread on the outcome.

When doing the eMMC Vanilla flash cmd reports - 'suitable USB device not found, waiting.' The 900 its self has gone to a black screen with the 5 loading dots on the front.

I did this without any reboots - device was in update mode when attempting to flash eMMC.

Have the same issue - will be monitoring this thread to see if you solve your issue.

Please keep us posted on the progress

-------------------------------------------------
Ok got around the eMMC Flashing Issue now with a full Windows Update on XP this allowed the eMMC Flash to work properly. (Apparently this is a known issue)

-------------------------------------------------

The device now has a freshly Flashed Global Firmware PR1.2
The device now has a freshly Flashed eMMC Latest Available

The N900 is now running as factory as you can possibly get it.

To confirm this is 100% now back to factory first boot of the device is going through the Nokia Terms & Conditions & Initial N900 Time/Date/Region Wizzards Including the getting

1. - Added Conversations Shortcut back to the desktop as it was before the flash.

2. Opened the Conversations Shortcut - 1 SMS available 'Nokia Welcome Text'

3. Opened the welcome text

4. Ive filled the text with a full Sym / Ctrl all the way down to the arrow key with key presses which is fine.

5. Ive bashed the keyboard keys immensly (10 Pages of random text) No crashes yet. (usually had multiple by now)

6. I've tried multi button combinations shift & key / Ctrl & Key - No crashes

This appears to now be resolved previously i would get a crash within seconds of hammering the keyboard.

Now we know the eMMC flash side resolves this issue i would like to try and find out what in the first place caused it.

I'm going to install my applications 1 by 1 going back to the keyboard in a text messaging running the same steps above to see if any one application install caused this.

Hope this helps future users..

O Also another quick update - This has also resolved issues typing into Password boxes for web logins in the MicroB whether the two are related i'm unsure.

Previously i'd be typing into a password box and the device would lock up for 2-3 seconds then the page would begin to reload or click on a random link.

Last edited by marcdxn; 2010-06-02 at 10:11.