Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Brugal View Post
thats right...but I think the buttons 1, 2 and home are located in the middle of the controller like the start and select buttons on every other controller. so they are not useful when you are playing
Not really.

Buttons 1 & 2 are the ones you use when holding the wiimote as a game pad. Buttons A and B are used when you hold the wiimote "normally", B is located under your index, like a gun trigger.

The A button is still easily accessible with the thumb that controls the directional pad, easily imaginable for "special functions".

One question though: Most games get around the number of buttons and their disposition by either simplifying the layout or adding additional features (pull controller up, shake, etc).

Is this not good enough for SNES games?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Not really.

Buttons 1 & 2 are the ones you use when holding the wiimote as a game pad. Buttons A and B are used when you hold the wiimote "normally", B is located under your index, like a gun trigger.

The A button is still easily accessible with the thumb that controls the directional pad, easily imaginable for "special functions".

One question though: Most games get around the number of buttons and their disposition by either simplifying the layout or adding additional features (pull controller up, shake, etc).

Is this not good enough for SNES games?
No, it's not even remotely good enough for SNES games on top of the fact that the wiimote lags like crazy (which is 100% normal and there's nothing we can do about it).

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
This link MIGHT help get us closer to being able to use Sixaxis/PS3 controllers wirelessly with our N900s.

http://brnz.org/hbr/?p=363

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Man, where has the world gone. People want to play games on their phone through a wii mote or playstation 3 controller...

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
why can't you just use a bluetooth mouse with games on the N900?

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bakersfield, CA
That would have been great when i attended a conference last week four nights in a hotel with nothing to do. I would just need the video out and my Sixaxis and I would have been set.

Hmmm, I have an exernal bluetooth keyboard - are keys in Maemo emulators usually completely user-mappable? If so, I'm guessing a keyboard should be usable for playing as well, or not?

Originally Posted by bemymonkey View Post
Hmmm, I have an exernal bluetooth keyboard - are keys in Maemo emulators usually completely user-mappable? If so, I'm guessing a keyboard should be usable for playing as well, or not?
In general, yes. The Wiimote is simply mapped to keyboard commands anyways, so your keyboard should work fine.

Also a friend of mine is taking a closer look at getting the Sixaxis to work on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Sounds good

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
In answer, you SHOULD be able to use the classic controller addon for the Wiimote but I have not see anyone confirm the SNES emulator was actually compiled with support for it.

Tags
bluetooth, connect, controller, fremantle, game controller, maemo, maemo 5, playstation 3, ps3