Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

thanks I'm currently updating to PR1.3 then I'll reflash the device which should remove NITDROID right?
But When I formated my memcard using windows it still has the partition on it. so I don't have access to all the memory.

How did you do it?

My Blog

RIGHTY!!

Is there a way to install NITDroid onto eMMC WITHOUT the need of a MMC in the slot? I mentioned before that my phone doesn't detect the back cover, and therefore doesn't detect the MMC, even at boot up!

I tried the steps like 5 times, tried steps from other sources too, but it always results in reformatting maemo to get it to boot, cos the entry on multiboot disappears! AND 0/b gives you Guru Meditation!

Booting NITDroid gives you either the XCB error or just a blinking white cursor after saying "ANDROID" :/ Talk about false hope eh?

I have quite alot of experience using/installing NITDroid to mmc and ****, but emmc is proving to be quite annoying for me!

Any ideas?

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Originally Posted by M00NB34M View Post
RIGHTY!!

Is there a way to install NITDroid onto eMMC WITHOUT the need of a MMC in the slot? I mentioned before that my phone doesn't detect the back cover, and therefore doesn't detect the MMC, even at boot up!

I tried the steps like 5 times, tried steps from other sources too, but it always results in reformatting maemo to get it to boot, cos the entry on multiboot disappears! AND 0/b gives you Guru Meditation!

Booting NITDroid gives you either the XCB error or just a blinking white cursor after saying "ANDROID" :/ Talk about false hope eh?

I have quite alot of experience using/installing NITDroid to mmc and ****, but emmc is proving to be quite annoying for me!

Any ideas?
You need to run the manual install as decribed by Ammyt in his first post in this thread - it's a link to another post where manual install is described.

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
You need to run the manual install as decribed by Ammyt in his first post in this thread - it's a link to another post where manual install is described.
Hey man, i tried that like 4 times but it gives me the white cursor :/

I currently have eMMC partitioned to 2gb (apps), 20gb (Docs), and 2 4gb partitions, one of which i was dedicating for NITDroid, so even with these changes and changes to the install directories to mmcblk0p5, it still wouldnt work!

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK

I currently have eMMC partitioned to 2gb (apps), 20gb (Docs), and 2 4gb partitions, one of which i was dedicating for NITDroid, so even with these changes and changes to the install directories to mmcblk0p5, it still wouldnt work!
So you have done the following, right?

Originally Posted by CepiPerez
1. If you have uboot or bootmenu, remove it.
2. Install rootsh and leafpad
3. Download NITDroid rootfs from here.
4. Download NITDroid kernel from here.
5. Copy downloaded files to MyDocs.

6. Open x-term and do this:
sudo gainroot
mkdir /and
mount /home /and
apt-get install multiboot multiboot-kernel-power bzip2
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar.bz2
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NitDroid-0.0.8-Popov.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb
umount /and

7. Make the multiboot item as ammyt says in first post.
8. Apply FIXES postes in first post if you want
Full manual installation...? If you have done this and you're still getting an error remove all partitions on your internal eMMC and run it again - I didn't deliberately partition my eMMC rather I simply went for it, it may be a ball-ache to remove all the install files from /home manually but never mind, I don't intend to uninstall 'droid till the next release anyways.....

Last edited by Switch_; 2010-12-20 at 11:11. Reason: Spelling

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Can any please help with insatlling nitdroid on N900 or refer me the post in which its written. I am getting problem with the method written in the first post xterminal hangs when it writes formating ext2. help plz
You should use the installer attached

You'll have to untar ur files to the patition manually to the partition you created, and then create the .item file manually with the item device:yourpartition

Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
Started it again, not showing any signs of it using much bandwidth so dont know how fast its downloading, shouldnt be taking hours and hours should it? Needs some kind of progress indicator
This was highly requested by users, but implementing progress bars is kind of hard. Just run an apt-get update and run the installer. Catalogues get buggy sometimes.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
"cant flash kernel required files not found

meditation numbers 00000025.62017712"

hit key to panic!!

what happen? i cant boot for nitdroid..
someone can help me please.. thankss..

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
So you have done the following, right?

Full manual installation...? If you have done this and you're still getting an error remove all partitions on your internal eMMC and run it again - I didn't deliberately partition my eMMC rather I simply went for it, it may be a ball-ache to remove all the install files from /home manually but never mind, I don't intend to uninstall 'droid till the next release anyways.....
Yeah tried that a trillion times! Okay so you reckon i should get rid of the extra partitions? I thought it could be related cos the kernel might be searching them and trying to find files within them, hence the white cursor maybe?

But DAMN yeeeah talk about ball ache! I mean i could use GParted and do it, but its SO MUCH EFFORT! ill do what you're doing and wait for the next version! Which HOPEFULLY wont be too long

Thanks for the recommendation!

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid