Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ,, Earth !
hey people
i'm a big fan of the n900 , and still ..
but the problem it's really annoying to hear people saying "no mms" "no mic sound" "scrolling sucks" "lags allot"
.. and yet , i heard someone saying that the codes don't work
like *199# or whatever is that true ?
we use the codes to know our credit :P > guess u know that
.. and i don't know if it's the right phone for me ...
i care about games - music - fast touch - no lags - internet - and CODES !!
.. should i get an X6 instead ? ,, or its the right phone for me ?
Regards

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
dude MMS is shiit anyway. I dont bother using it for 2years already. Beside MMS will soon be available with an update.

Mic problem is only happened to some people, a few I would say.scrolling suck? you gotta be kidding me, I still have not have my N900 BUT i can tell u that it is better than Symbian S60 V5.

Lags alot? No dude, Only gay people lag alot. Update to the latest firmware and you wont say this again.

I dont like X6 cos it just not powerful enough for me to use. But I guess you're are just a standard user. So go for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ,, Earth !
no dude , actually this is the first time i get a nokia
was a sony customer .. but sony screwed up !
so the scrolling is good , no lags , mic to only "some" , and MMS ain't important (i agree)
but what about the codes man ?

Yo dude man get da n900 like yea itz propa gud k.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bidybag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
codes for popup with information about your credit are not working as of now. But this is already posted to Brainstorm and will be implemented definitly in one of the next fw releases.

edit:
As said in other threads, consider that Maemo5 is a new OS & Symbian(which the X6 uses) is alot more developed.
But Symbian is limited in features & UI where Maemo5 won't lack in those points in the future.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrypie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Depends what you want. If there are too many things that matter to you missing from n900, try the HD2. N900 is amazing, but if you expect it to have all the things a high end smartphone does and then some, you'll be disappointed. If you start from the 'then some' and throw in the phone basics, you'll get an idea of what it's like.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Maybe you should buy X6. Wait till the maemo OS gets mature..possibly N920, N990......

The Following User Says Thank You to JR99 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kassel, Germany
or you might want to take a look at Motorola Droid/Milestone. i will check out one tomorrow if i have the chance :|

The Following User Says Thank You to wahlau For This Useful Post:
Consider non Nokia devices. If you want a high end smartphone with great email features, calendar and pretty much everything else, check out the Touch Pro 2, or HD2. If you are in it for the games, I believe the iPhone does it very well (but not much else, considering it doesnt even have multi tasking).

I personally feel that getting the N900 is risky thing to do, but I believe that both the Maemo community and Nokia will do a great job in application development, bug fixing and feature implementation. Thats why I feel safe about being an early adopter of the N900, even though I will use it along side my HTC Hero for the time being (probably).

The Following User Says Thank You to Untouchab1e For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
N900 ffs..

if you wanna play with the big boys, use a Magnum, and not a Browning 9 millimeter. Its for girls!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: