Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
HI- One or 2 people said they might like a thread JUST for those of us daft enough (and unfortunate enough) to have ordered our N900s through MPD so we can keep a track on who gets what (if anything) etc- so here it is.

I, for one am not realistically expecting to hear anything until the 3rd as they have said- which I find very annoying for all the reasons we already know- but any little glimmer of light only helps keep our peckers up, doesn't it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ninjaboxergirl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
I'm sooooo pees'd off that mpd haven't received or delivered yet!
I suppose im daft as well for ordering off mpd.
But I'm sure mpd was the only place selling n900 with contract

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Well at the risk of cross posting (sorry) this was the last contact I had earlier

Hmm - just had an email from MPD

I sent them the mail below in response to their infamous "delayed to Dec 3rd" email

Sent: 20 November 2009 10:54
To: sot04
Subject: RE: Your Nokia N900 Order

Hi there,

Thanks for the notice at last, it is good to have a date. Im a bit confused though, as I thought you ran the Nokia Retail side of things?
Im also not very happy at the further delay, is it really going to be that late, the whole point of ordering from you was your advertising, stating that you would be getting it first and also as an exclusive. This is obviously not the case, I can buy it direct from Nokia now for delivery Tuesday, (I have just phoned them.)
Is this message a precautionary message and you might be getting them in earlier, because if not, I may have to cancel my order and order directly from Nokia..

Please advise

M

They have sent back

Sent: 23 November 2009 15:28
To: 'Edgedemon'

No one will have the handset until the end of the month as there are no handset in the UK yet to despatch.

Do you still wish to keep your order?

Kind regards

I've sent them a mail stating that Nokia have started shipping today so can they explain why they have no stock for another 10 days?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post:
MPD have my order from the 1st of November, I now see that Play.com has pushed their date out to 31st Dec and Expansys are delayed to 9th December.

If MPD do get them 3rd Dec then they still might be one of the first retailers to ship (other than Nokia.co.uk).

If they delay any further from this date then I will cancel and re-think the whole thing.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
Well at the risk of cross posting (sorry) this was the last contact I had earlier

Hmm - just had an email from MPD

I sent them the mail below in response to their infamous "delayed to Dec 3rd" email

Sent: 20 November 2009 10:54
To: sot04

Hi there,

Thanks for the notice at last, it is good to have a date. Im a bit confused though, as I thought you ran the Nokia Retail side of things?
Im also not very happy at the further delay, is it really going to be that late, the whole point of ordering from you was your advertising, stating that you would be getting it first and also as an exclusive. This is obviously not the case, I can buy it direct from Nokia now for delivery Tuesday, (I have just phoned them.)
Is this message a precautionary message and you might be getting them in earlier, because if not, I may have to cancel my order and order directly from Nokia..

Please advise

M

They have sent back

Sent: 23 November 2009 15:28
To: 'Edgedemon'

No one will have the handset until the end of the month as there are no handset in the UK yet to despatch.

Do you still wish to keep your order?

Kind regards

I've sent them a mail stating that Nokia have started shipping today so can they explain why they have no stock for another 10 days?
Let me know what the reply is when you get it

At least in here it has been made clear that Nokia sells it first and all other retailers will be able to start selling 4th of December. Example large retailer here called verkkokauppa.com will start sending those devices to customers in 3th already.

I've prepared myself to get the phone a week later than the Nokia shop route. I need a contract anyway. Ordered on the 4th Oct with the T-Mobile Combi 15 + Web'n'Walk.

I just want people to start receiving their devices via whatever routes. Gives MPD less excuses not to deliver... I doubt they have much control over this though.

As for not trusting them, meh... they're the same as any company. People are just there to earn a living... doubt they care too much. Would you in their position / not interested in this phone? Which is why it's necessary to bug them a bit!

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Indeed, the problem is MPD were not honest. At no point was it pointed out that Nokia would be selling it first, as they made it sound like it would be the same time by claiming "from our Nokia stores" and "we run Nokia Retail".

They can hardly be surprised at us being confused to find that Nokia directly sell the N900 too FIRST AND run two of the Nokia stores, which probably will also get stock first (something only apparent when you look at the store list carefully).

If MPD ship the same time as as the flagship stores then perhaps we can cut them a "little" slack (as little as possible) but I fear the flagship stores in fact will get stock this week with MPD getting it next week.

I also think its really dishonest of them to still be claiming End of November BUT saying they will not be shipping until 3rd December. The date shouldn't be when they get the stock, it should be when they actually post the order. Its not like we are asking them to tell us the date it will be delivered (which lets be fair, is somewhat out of their control), we just want to know WTF is going on.

I can only guess this is Nokia at fault stringing MPD on with false dates. They should have known how long it would take from "we are shipping from the factory" to "its delivered at the warehouse in the UK", these are known shipping times. Its gone from aiming for end of Oct, Mid Nov, oh wait END Nov, oops beginning of Dec really. The only glimmer of hope is that they ship special delivery and no more Royal Mail strikes this year, so at least it might get delivered promptly.

on a happier note; i recieved my n900 hard case today, yay me!

I posted this in the Uk thread but believe the duplication is necessary.

Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
After reading this thread I phoned Barclays and they confirmed that the money had been taken by Nokia

(I phoned initially to make sure they authorize the transaction and forgo the complications I had read about/loose my discounts)

But anyways, all jokes aside I think this thread reflects poorly on us Brits. In every other thread when a native consumer posts info on how to get the device either a) sooner b) cheaper they don't debate they use that free advice to their advantage.

Just for confirmation I spoke to Nokia twice today. Again at the regent street store and Nokia.co.uk both said that other retailers are allowed (by agreement) to use their brand/brand likeness

But both confirmed that if either were part of Nokia they would receive and dispatch the devices the same time as NOKIA

As they would have access to the same stock!!! And Shipping agreements!!!

BTW Carphonewarehouse &phones4U are both expecting delivery early Dec? Perhaps the 3rd?