Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
You could yes
Ok, i remember reading from this tread that if you changed to Android WA you can not change back. (Or was it back to Mitakuuluu?) Because encryption?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
Ok, i remember reading from this tread that if you changed to Android WA you can not change back. (Or was it back to Mitakuuluu?) Because encryption?
There is a workaround implemented.
But we don't know for how long this will last at the moment.

Lets hope that e2e encryption will be implemented soon.

Also, hope that the group bug would be solved as well, (to not getting banned when adding users to the group)

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Well there's always Matrix as a better alternative to WhatsApp and Telegram if you find those too much Devil & Beelzebub.
- Matrix is opensource (just like Telegram, not like WhatsApp),
- Marix uses the more stable and proven Axolotl cryptography (like WhatsApp, OpenSecure, etc. not like Telegram's own home-made stuff)
- Matrix doesn't require a new handle, but you can find users based on the coordinates (Number, Facebook ID, etc.) that you already know (unlike XMPP/Jabber. A bit like phone numbers help WhatsApp)
- Matrix servers are opensource too and federated (unlike Telegram. But like IRC and XMPP)
Matrix wants to basically be the "next gen" XMPP/Jabber (with easier search of contacts, support for distributed message log, modern encryption, and some SPAM prevention).

If WhatsApp manage to pisses their users with the whole "Now it's free thanks to sponsored content" fiasco, maybe it's a potential successor, next to Telegram.

Telegram has opensource their client code. Only their servers are proprietary.
So of course it's way easier to develop for it, rather than getting sued into oblivion as soon as look in the general direction of its protocol - in the case of WhatsApp.

(That's why we're stuck waiting for links magically appearing in this thread, where also some forest cats wander. Not that any of us forum knows anything about those cats...)

Speaking of which cats: thank you for your work. Not that we know anything of it.
Well look at that: https://matrix.org/blog/project/tensor/

It seems there is a SailfishOS Client in the works already?

BTT

I wonder why the feature in WhatsUp to selectively deny read messages has been disabled in the UI. You can still set it in the configuration files and it will work, but the pulleymenu entry is defective.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoritzJT For This Useful Post:
We did some research and make this conclusion. Messages in groups from WA to WU are not displayed in WU. If a message in a group is send from WU to WU it is displayed. And also from WU to WA. So the problem is messages in groups from WA to WU.

I think I will wait for more stable version

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
i have no Problems with the new version. only one trink is, that i let me kick out from all groups chat and re add into it.

Originally Posted by cvp View Post
i have no Problems with the new version. only one trink is, that i let me kick out from all groups chat and re add into it.
I'm using whatsup mostly for groups. What about complains of users that don't get messages from other members in group if it is android or iphone?

Originally Posted by Tualatin View Post
I'm using whatsup mostly for groups. What about complains of users that don't get messages from other members in group if it is android or iphone?
That is a bug, did some research with other Jolla users yesterday. I have the idea they working on it right now (or I hope so)

The Following User Says Thank You to richdb For This Useful Post:
Did some more research. It looks like if you get invited to a group in WU you can read the messages from the group creator that is using android or ios. But messages from other android or ios users are not showing in WU.

update:
Looks it is working random? In an other new group we see the messages from all WA users. Excisting groups I see no message from WA users and some groups only see the messages of the WA group creator.

Last edited by richdb; 2016-01-26 at 14:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to richdb For This Useful Post:
Ok, found the problem. In some groups the messages are send encrypted. The message start with: <enc type="skmsg" v="2"> followed by the encrypted message. WU cannot decrypt this message, so the user not see any new message. In other groups the messages are send in plain text. Only I have no idea why in some groups the messages are encrypted and in some groups not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richdb For This Useful Post:

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup