Notices

Posts: 726 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
My apologizes, but still there is a bug, he removed the message @ step 3 but still got delivered.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the message got delivered before step 3 or after that, in both ways it should not be delivered.
No, the saved record of creating and sending the SMS was deleted. That is something else. The list of messages in Conversations is just a view of database entries. It's not a window into the SMS sending mechanism.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joorin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
it isn't a bug imo. which handset has the ability to cancel sending of message? afaik every handset allows deletion of sent message but message is sent anyway. best way is to not send the sms in the first place.... second best is to misconfigure the sms center number.
I could do that in N95 (and I suppose other symbian phones too). Steps would be:

1. Mode > Offline
2. Type a message and SEND
3. Go to folder Outbox (this is different from folder Sent items). You will see your message sitting there. Delete it.
4. Mode > Online

No message gets sent this time.

In case anyone is wondering why I send messages in offline mode, I actually used to do 2 and then very quickly 1. The procedure here just explains the concept better!

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by aiyush View Post
I could do that in N95 (and I suppose other symbian phones too). Steps would be:

1. Mode > Offline
3. Go to folder Outbox (this is different from folder Sent items). You will see your message sitting there. Delete it.
4. Mode > Online

In case anyone is wondering why I send messages in offline mode, I actually used to do 2 and then very quickly 1. The procedure here just explains the concept better!
Why are you sending messages and then canceling in the first place..?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland

1. Mode > Offline
4. Mode > Online

I stand corrected but still don't see any point cancelling already sent SMSes...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by jsa View Post
Why are you sending messages and then canceling in the first place..?
Probably because he was sending a message to his girlfriend, but in the hurry hit the contact above it (of his dad) and pressed 'send'

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to techie For This Useful Post:
What happens if you:

Go offline
Write SMS
Send SMS
Open xterm
Gain root
CD to /var/spool/sms/outgoing
Delete the contents
Go Online

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cjard For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cjard View Post
What happens if you:

Go offline
Write SMS
Send SMS
Open xterm
Gain root
Delete the contents
Go Online
Works! Thanks cjard.

e: Thanks techie too, you got it right. Sometimes I just push the power button too long to switchoff and trap SMS from escaping!!!

Last edited by aiyush; 2010-07-05 at 11:54.

Sometimes I just push the power button too long to switchoff and trap SMS from escaping!!!
You might also want to use tweaker to switch actions of powerkey short press and long press,so that short press switches off the phone.

Originally Posted by cjard View Post
What happens if you:

Go offline
Write SMS
Send SMS
Open xterm
Gain root
Delete the contents
Go Online
using this along with Desktop Command Execution Widget will make removing outgoing sms much easier.