Notices

actually a "desktop environment" category may include also things different from themes only since it's quite a generic term....

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by thecursedfly View Post
actually a "desktop environment" category may include also things different from themes only since it's quite a generic term....
I agree some other things besides themes but a ebook reader doesn't fit that in my option.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

I am not sure if this is late, can I suggest a better domain?

maemo-look? the same as www.kde-look.org / www.gnome-look.org / www.xfce-look.org / http://www.box-look.org / http://www.beryl-look.org

Hey code1777 - thanks for the wallpapers site.

I always thing having multiple sites for things Maemo related is not bad - as song as we also consolidate in one place (like maemo.org).

In fact I had not read this thread at all - as it was a question thread - but really came across the wallpapers site from Quim's tweet on twitter.

And I am interested in it. Great work !

Reagrding the "Themes" category in maemo downloads, YES, we should have a separate category.
"Desktop environment" smells more than just themes and wallpapers - and no wonder other developers thought so and used in in such a way.

And I don't want a list of wallpapers and themes slowing down my application manager update when I am searching for desktop applications. At least that's the way I interpret themes and wallpapers - not as apps really.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by thecursedfly View Post
There was a list somewhere, wasn't there, about what types of packages were supposed to be in which section...

Hey guys,

Interesting thread.

I'm Paul from Tehkseven.net. Jon and i are really interested in the Maemo 5 platform, especially the theming aspect.

Will the current theme maker work for Maemo 5? We're eager to start developing themes for the platform asap.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Paul

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by tehkseven View Post
Will the current theme maker work for Maemo 5?
Yes, it will.

Tim

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by tehkseven View Post
Hey guys,

Interesting thread.

I'm Paul from Tehkseven.net. Jon and i are really interested in the Maemo 5 platform, especially the theming aspect.

Will the current theme maker work for Maemo 5? We're eager to start developing themes for the platform asap.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Paul
Tim is right when saying yes but make sure you download 1.2 or higher 1.1.x is for diablo or before

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Another problem in having themes *only* available in the repositories is the matter of screenshots. While apps, for the most part, can be described with an icon and a text description, themes, obviously, cannot. It is entirely necessary to have at least one, but maybe several screenshots, so that you can see how it will look before you bother downloading and installing it.

This is where a site like n900themes.com would work out awesome. Maybe even set it up to link to the .install link for the themes in the repos?

The Following User Says Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
Another problem in having themes *only* available in the repositories is the matter of screenshots. While apps, for the most part, can be described with an icon and a text description, themes, obviously, cannot. It is entirely necessary to have at least one, but maybe several screenshots, so that you can see how it will look before you bother downloading and installing it.
Downloads.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:

Tags
backgrounds, maemo 5, n900, themes, wallpapers