Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
False. ~4 people think that it's not right, where half of them applied for devices themselves, and started crying only after final results.

Others understand, that it was discussed since april, announcedd via every possible communication channel, and that there were almost 2 months to rise issues.

Unfortunately, You're on this first group. Of course, it's Your right - Your choice. But don't expect, that we will "address" (read: change) decisions, due to dictate of loud, but small and irrationale, minority.

/Estel

Ps.

You're also spreading FUD about personal attacks - if I remember correctly, first ~8 rephrasings of same, logical answer, were written quite officially by Woody. I absolutely understand, that after nth time of rephrasing same thing, for few people that don't *want* to listen, he started to point out where problem lies (i.e. in bad will and mentality).

Calling people trolling, discusing them, mentioning ignore list, calling absurd and wrong group is feels personal. Saying we are making drama is personal.

And ~4 people is a FUD like you call it. Or you want me to count?

And stop telling on that there was time, i don't need to check all maillists and TMO threads and read all rules, just to know judges can't put themselves in list, i have those knowledge way before this competition and i just thought it would be wrong by default and you wouldn't let dare to do it. So i didn't searched your mistakes or something as it wasn't my aim, i just thought as council chosen by community you would do your job the best way, so i relayed on you, but i found out i was wrong only after and that actually i need to check you and can't trust with closed eyes. That's my point!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
False. ~4 people think that it's not right, where half of them applied for devices themselves, and started crying only after final results.
Wrong. I didn't apply, I genuinely congratulated the winners. There were others that had done so.

There's no "crying", there are some folks that are asking for what were the rules before and after you people (Council) appointed yourselves as winners.

It's that simple. The fact that one of your own (Council) didn't nominate himself after asking the question whether or not he should/shouldn't shows me leagues more than your responses.

Again man... your tone is downright horrible. In fact, I've stated all truths above; feel free to ignore me wholly. I kindly request that you do because you've not shown the same tone as I've and others have shown.

I'd just rather not have you address me whatsoever.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Me, and your post was directly answering estel so both got deleted. Can we have a thread name for this discussion? I'd like to move it from this thread to it's own.

EDIT: deleted the followup as well, @Dave behave! I am in the mood to hand out infraction-points in the way they are supposed to be today!
Please split the posts that contaminate this thread and label it: "Community Council - Questions, Answers and Grievances" or something the like and moved to Off Topic.

Thanks in advance. I'd rather not have an official community thread polluted as such.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Alter the starting post as you like please and I think you may be able to change the threadname aswell, if not just use "report this" and request changes please

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
False. ~4 people think that it's not right,
I think that this statement might not be accurate. I, personally, have nothing against council members being awarded the devices - more, I think it is beneficial to the community. However, the process in which it was done turned out to be not the most fortunate one. So, for the future, as I've suggested before in that other thread, I think that council members could be awarded devices separately from the community awards, not to raise the issue of "judging your own cause".
And I'm pretty sure that this is not "absurdish nonsense", as you stated in your previous post.
I have no intention of reviewing the current results but simply to draw conclusions for the future.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to don.edri For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I seriously would like to see a thread, in Off Topic that addresses these things. But not in an official community thread that doesn't directly name or talk about any of the aforementioned.

In fact, want me to start that thread? I do not mind airing out my grievances. And in Off Topic, it might not get closed as quickly as this might if we continue here.
I think the topic is more related to council and community, i thought it's better to be there.

Btw i wonder, if maemo would exist after 5 months, new council will get devices? or they wouldn't deserve?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Who added and removed board of directors in the thread name? Liked it much more. Who changing the thread name all the time?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Alter the starting post as you like please and I think you may be able to change the threadname aswell, if not just use "report this" and request changes please
The edit worked, thank you for splitting the threads.

Originally Posted by ZogG
I think the topic is more related to council and community, i thought it's better to be there.

Btw i wonder, if maemo would exist after 5 months, new council will get devices? or they wouldn't deserve?
I think that's why some folks might be upset. The devices were given to some that have outwardly stated that they will do absolutely nothing to advance the Harmattan community whereas others have shown a willingness to do so.

It's sorta a waste if that's 100% true - but I'd be speculating since a lot of edits, arguments and statements were fueled by passion and not logic.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post

1. Not if it exists, but how it exists. Current council, together with others involved are working on how to keep this community alive.
2. Several issues can make an influence on whereas a new council would get a device. Will Nokia award for one. Given this negative surroundings, I would say it has no benefit for Nokia.
3. Probably. As they would be elected by community, which will also (I hope) be based on their individual work for this community.
2+3 Noone has the answer, given the uncertainty on the future development of this community.

Be careful for what you wish, you may get more than what you wish for.

I think that's why some folks might be upset. The devices were given to some that have outwardly stated that they will do absolutely nothing to advance the Harmattan community whereas others have shown a willingness to do so.

It's sorta a waste if that's 100% true - but I'd be speculating since a lot of edits, arguments and statements were fueled by passion and not logic.
FTR that is not true. Personally I was elected (I believe) partly for wanting to advance the Harmattan community!

Last edited by chemist; 2012-06-26 at 15:14.

Agreed but it was decided before that it's for past deeds, what buggs me that council members are only 1 month so it makes it more future deeds than past. As well as election was 5/7, so i know few of them contributed, but still it doesn't mean all of them deserve. But if most people say they deserve, than even this is okay, but again its not about who deserve, but about ethic and conflicts of interests. I just believe if it was made once, it can be done twice and if you don't speak up it would be normal behavior here. And if today it's just CA, next time they might spend maemo funds not the best way. it even reminds me the situation with Elop and Nokia, as there are less meego supporters in internets, most people said it's dead before it was released and no one from Nokia stopped Elop, so we have now what we have.

Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove