Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Repeat: there is no problem with Yahoo Mail Classic that I have been able to reproduce.

Within the last two minutes, I sent and received a message on Yahoo Mail Classic. I wasn't even using the m. one mentioned above. It worked perfectly.

This was on my N800 and with the default browser, not Tear.

I am using the free Yahoo Mail Classic, not the pay version.
Apparently there isn't a problem then.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Apparently there isn't a problem then.
Apparently not, unless you can explain why I would be able to get it to work. I see that you joined this site a few months ago; it's been working for me since early in 2007.

Last edited by geneven; 2009-06-12 at 00:33.

Apparently not, unless you can explain why I would be able to get it to work. I see that you joined this site a few months ago; it's been working for me since early in 2007.
Wow he just played the "I've been here longer than you" card.

Whatever man. It worked for me on the tablet previously too.

For the record, if u had read, I was not the OP. Therefore, someone else had the problem as well. (as well as at least one other poster, I believe).

Also, my original post on this thread was concerning gmail (as well as noting the problem that I too encountered with Yahoo.)

Since switching to gmail, I have not used yahoo, so maybe they fixed it in that window, I don't know.

It's sad to see that someone who has been here as long as you would go around dismissing people's problems, rather than trying to help them find a solution

As you say, the problem may no longer exist, so it is sad that I am dismissing a problem that I don't have and that might not exist.

The original statement(s) were that there is a problem with Yahoo Mail. If there is a problem, I should have it. I went to the trouble, even though I didn't have a problem, of testing it, so I could help you who were complaining about it.

It is helpful for you to know that someone doesn't have the problem, using the same device. It means that there is probably something else wrong. So that gives you a better place to look.

Since you had a problem with gmail and yahoo mail, it is pretty obvious that the problem isn't caused by yahoo mail.

The header says that there is a problem with yahoo mail.

The evidence so far is that there is not a general problem with Yahoo mail. That is worth pointing out.

As you say, the problem may no longer exist, so it is sad that I am dismissing a problem that I don't have and that might not exist.

The original statement(s) were that there is a problem with Yahoo Mail. If there is a problem, I should have it. I went to the trouble, even though I didn't have a problem, of testing it, so I could help you who were complaining about it.

It is helpful for you to know that someone doesn't have the problem, using the same device. It means that there is probably something else wrong. So that gives you a better place to look.

Since you had a problem with gmail and yahoo mail, it is pretty obvious that the problem isn't caused by yahoo mail.

The header says that there is a problem with yahoo mail.

The evidence so far is that there is not a general problem with Yahoo mail. That is worth pointing out.
yes it seems like more of a browser compatibility problem, which is why we have been discussing what browsers we are using when the problem occurs.

as of right now, with gmail, I can only use the default mail client. I can load, but not send, in both microB and Tear.

the reason i include my gmail experience in here is

A) the problems are more than likely related
B) i had problems with both (again, re: my original post).

///EDIT

The title of this thread is upsetting... just look at it. let's resolve this problem and move on

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-06-12 at 01:19.

I also pointed out in my original message that I recently reflashed my device.

I mentioned this because it indicated that I have a cleaner system than one naturally has.

I think that if lots of people were having a problem with gmail, you would be hearing a lot about it. So far, at least by my count, there is one person who reports being unable to send with gmail.

Since we are all using the same browsers, I don't see why a browser incompatibility issue with gmail would affect only one person, unless something unique was going on on that one system.

But maybe some other people will join us and say that they are having the same problem. I'm not currently using gmail, so I don't know.

i also just reflashed after I tried out NITdroid (about 4 days ago). Fresh install, minimal apps.

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
i also just reflashed after I tried out NITdroid (about 4 days ago). Fresh install, minimal apps.
So, you are convicted as an experimenter,and thus suspect!

I just logged into gmail and sent a message (which was properly received).

Since there is no known reason or uniqueness in your system, there is only one possibility: supernatural intervention. Some God or Demon has it in for you.

Unfortunately, that's above my pay grade...

So, you are convicted as an experimenter,and thus suspect!

I just logged into gmail and sent a message (which was properly received).

Since there is no known reason or uniqueness in your system, there is only one possibility: supernatural intervention. Some God or Demon has it in for you.

Unfortunately, that's above my pay grade...
I did recently invoke the powers of satan... I'm sure that wasn't it tho, he only messes with windoze......

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
So, they keep the crappy old interface and put in a bunch of javascript. Whats the point?

Thanks for the mobile version though.

OH, and wtf is this bullsh*t. Tear cannot access the new version of mobile mail because it is not ready. My a55, tear kicks any mobile browser in the face. We should write to Yahoo.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2009-06-12 at 03:04.

Tags
browser, javascript, mail classic, n800, yahoo