Active Topics

push, how often? in my case that was the battery eater.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
Don't get me wrong - I realise it is a rather new device, and I am aware that majority of n9 devices don't have this problem - but as long as this problem occurs, without any obvious reason (not any excessive cpu usage process seen in terminal 'top'), I'm entitled to moan about it... at least that...
what's interesting - it seems that last ( of maybe 10) reboot really helped, and now with skype on I get 24mA consumption... let's hope it remains like that...

EDIT: @Vaterix 'real' push, using ms exchange, not checking periodically checking through mail.app

Last edited by Zelig; 2012-02-06 at 15:25.

Then I'd try the standard workarounds:

1. Add an app/bookmark then delete it.
2. Reduce brightness, mine's next to minimum and I'm comfortable with it.
3. Might be wrong, but some say deleting and then creating again an account helps.
4. Reflash? (it's drastic, but tbh my N9 started acting like a smartphone only after 2 NSU and 2 Phoenix reflashes )

Your mA values are way too high, I get 220 mA when playing pocketRPG for a few hours, but that's heavy on cpu/gpu.

Last edited by Vaterix; 2012-02-06 at 15:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaterix For This Useful Post:
thanks, Vaterix… as for now it seems that idle consumption is more or less stable… been at 23mA few hours ago, slowly increasing - now at 40mA… I'll keep an eye on it… it seems that few reboots were what helped…

after keeping 40mA for some time, I've plugged the charger... after the battery has been fully charged, I've started Battery usage app - idle consumption is 150mA… checked in terminal - there's no any process that uses CPU excessively… after few mins it fell to 130mA… then to 117mA… 103mA… then 115mA… rebooted… 117mA… data connection off, briefly plugged the charger just to reset Battery usage app data - 39mA, but after a few mins it went up to 80mA... terminal -> top still doesn't show any high cpu % process... I give up...

Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
after keeping 40mA for some time, I've plugged the charger... after the battery has been fully charged, I've started Battery usage app - idle consumption is 150mA… checked in terminal - there's no any process that uses CPU excessively… after few mins it fell to 130mA… then to 117mA… 103mA… then 115mA… rebooted… 117mA… data connection off, briefly plugged the charger just to reset Battery usage app data - 39mA, but after a few mins it went up to 80mA... terminal -> top still doesn't show any high cpu % process... I give up...
Do you charge by your computer USB port ? - well, I have always high numbers just after removing from USB port (both, idle and current) ... if you want stop it, just keep some apps open and no standby screen either, for 2 minutes ... I think that it is normal that you can see higher power consumption just after charge, specially after USB port charge or restart (OS is doing its job there) ...

By the way, it does not make any sense that you have high power consumption, but no CPU use ... I suggest you to use "ResourceMonitor" apps (to see top processes easily with CPU use %) ... with "Battery Usage" apps for easy control, because you can not do it in a day ...

By the way, idle power consumption is not the a current number at all, it is an average number since your last charge (it should drop slowly, step by step, when all is OK) ... a current power consumption will tell you a power consumption just on that moment ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-02-06 at 21:24.

Did you try Vaterix' advice? I mean add and delete bookmark to homescreen (though there is no need to add and delete, just re-arrange any 2 icons). It sounds weird but it really helps with idle consumption issue.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
This is a well known and reported issue, that does not have any workarounds or even an official explanation (there are several possible explanations though).

Any time it pops up on these forums it gets dozens of "me too" posts, but then after some time the thread disappears.

Click here to see the google cache of the last deleted thread about this.

Make up your own conclusions.

@jaripi: I'm charging from the AC plug… I am aware, but waited for a few mins after the charging, and rebootin for OS to finish startup processes, but still getting high idle consumption. I know - it doesn't seem logical, but I really don't have any process that uses CPU a lot, and still have to charge twice a day... command line "top" is a kind of a ResourceMonitor app - it sorts processes according to cpu usage %, but really very low % of CPU is in use... I am aware, of course, how "average" data is behaving...

@IguanaKjuZ did several times... trying to find that one magic combination that led me to that low consumption prior to this last recharging...

and - thanks guys, for Your good will...

Originally Posted by herpderp View Post
This is a well known and reported issue, that does not have any workarounds or even an official explanation (there are several possible explanations though).

Any time it pops up on these forums it gets dozens of "me too" posts, but then after some time the thread disappears.

Click here to see the google cache of the last deleted thread about this.

Make up your own conclusions.
Well, this is different case ... as all others can be easily identified, even not always fixed easily ... like "Meegotouchhome", "Syncs", "Smartsearch", "Positioning" - all others can be easily found as a process with high CPU use ...

I have been fighting for a long time with "Meegotouchhome" problem myself ... I was also moving icons after every restart for a long time ... until I found "ResourceMonitor" apps and I found out that enabling "Developer mode" (needs restart) make it disappear in my case (not everybody has the same experience), but it should be checked too ... about "Meegotouchhome", you can see it easily making peaks in a list of processes (with a clear CPU usage) ... and yes, I recommend "ResourceMonitor" apps over top, for a clear reason ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-02-06 at 21:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post: