Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Strahlex View Post
Great, what distribution do you use? I already tried this, but I was not able to install Qt5 development files on Debian (instead my Debian got messed up).
Im using ubuntu, and used https://github.com/nezticle/RaspberryPi-BuildRoot to build Qt5 for rpi (as that sdk env builds quite new sha1 hash of Qt5 automaticly).
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Any progress solving
Code:
sni-qt/19799″ WARN 02:42:48.774 voidStatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
on Ubuntu 12.04?
Its a warning only, I got this also on a Ubutu install in a virtual machine. On another real computer, QRemoteControl starts without any error. However, I think this warning only means, that no icon shown in the task bar. You can open the configuration dialog by starting the application another time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Strahlex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Im using ubuntu, and used https://github.com/nezticle/RaspberryPi-BuildRoot to build Qt5 for rpi (as that sdk env builds quite new sha1 hash of Qt5 automaticly).
Great work! Is it anyhow possible to automatisize this process? Would be great if a RPi binary could be provided.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Awesome!!
Works great on OpenSuSE 12.2

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
Its a warning only, I got this also on a Ubutu install in a virtual machine. On another real computer, QRemoteControl starts without any error. However, I think this warning only means, that no icon shown in the task bar. You can open the configuration dialog by starting the application another time.
Thanks. So that's not the issue then. For some reason I get red icon on tray every time. After purging the server first launch works but not a single time after. No errors (other than the qt-warning) when launched from terminal.

lsof -i :5487
Code:
COMMAND    PID    USER   FD   TYPE  DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
qremoteco 7582 shanttu   18r  IPv4 1245980      0t0  UDP *:5487
netstat -n | grep :5487
blank

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Zürich, Switzerland
Hi,

Just a small question. Is there a way to run the PC application on a mac running OSX?

I would love to control the laptop with the N9, but no luck so far.

I appreciate your answers.

Originally Posted by jmsarriat View Post
Hi,

Just a small question. Is there a way to run the PC application on a mac running OSX?

I would love to control the laptop with the N9, but no luck so far.

I appreciate your answers.
It should run, but the keyboard would need some further development towards the Mac build of Qt. The only problem I have with OSX is, that I have no Mac and it wont run in a virtual machine.

But you can compile it yourself:
- Download the source code of QRemoteControl.
- Install the QtSDK.
- Open the pro-file with Qt-Creator and launch the build (or run qmake make from the command line)

However its not garanteed that it will no have any build errors. As I already said the only thing that is OS-dependent, is the keyboard emulation.

Got my N9 today, already fixed some bugs and created a new more native looking theme:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strahlex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
Thanks. So that's not the issue then. For some reason I get red icon on tray every time. After purging the server first launch works but not a single time after. No errors (other than the qt-warning) when launched from terminal.

lsof -i :5487
Code:
COMMAND    PID    USER   FD   TYPE  DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
qremoteco 7582 shanttu   18r  IPv4 1245980      0t0  UDP *:5487
netstat -n | grep :5487
blank

Any ideas what could be wrong?
QRemoteControl also opens a TCP connection to the client, so lsof shows 2 connections and netstat one when connected. Have you any kind of firewall running?

Is it maybe possible to make a Debug build or to use a network sniffer to make sure the packets are reaching the server?

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
"This item isn't available at the Nokia Store"...

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
It should run, but the keyboard would need some further development towards the Mac build of Qt. The only problem I have with OSX is, that I have no Mac and it wont run in a virtual machine.

But you can compile it yourself:
- Download the source code of QRemoteControl.
- Install the QtSDK.
- Open the pro-file with Qt-Creator and launch the build (or run qmake make from the command line)

However its not garanteed that it will no have any build errors. As I already said the only thing that is OS-dependent, is the keyboard emulation.

Got my N9 today, already fixed some bugs and created a new more native looking theme:
Very nice to hear (and see). I've had a wonderful experience with your app so far, I'm looking forward to have the updated version on my device