Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This is not about speed, progress and effort of development. They can go on for months or even a year with polishing. They whining is because I think they might wasting time and I want them to sell as many devices as possible. Not just to techies.

But jolla can do as they want and they do. So let's hope they succeed with whatever day are doing.

TROLL OUT!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-10 at 22:31.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
They should say something. At least once in a while, so that people, who don't know what Jolla is, would hear it. For the first time, second, third, and then annouce a mobile phone. And those who hadn't know what Jolla is would say: "Oh, yeah, Jolla, I heard about them. It's not a company like Huawei that makes crap. I might consider buying their phone if it nice."

Last edited by szymeczek34; 2012-09-10 at 23:02.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
They should say something. At least once in a while, so that people, who don't know what Jolla is, would hear it.
I'm of the opposite mind. They made people aware that they will continue with MeeGo/Mer and they're courting the developers and made a good deal with the Chinese market.

That shows promise and that they cannot move forward without developers producing stuff that we, consumers and fellow developers will appreciate and look forward to.

I say that we need to learn patience and they need to announce stuff only as it is either about to go live (I HATE announce now, produce way later like everything that Nokia does) or as it is necessary to avoid people getting upset about when the details and delivery are not of the same week and/or month.

The hype has been built. Now they need to deliver. This is not a simple process to go from announcement to product on the shelves.

I discovered today that Jolla Mobile exists. I guess that the very big majority never heard the name Jolla.
If they continue to say nothing I think they will sell less than 100 devices all over the world.

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
I discovered today that Jolla Mobile exists. I guess that the very big majority never heard the name Jolla.
If they continue to say nothing I think they will sell less than 100 devices all over the world.
Pfft... Don't talk daft. Just because they are doing things their way and not how lots in this thread would like doesn't automatically mean Jolla won't make an impact.

As long as they have a well specced attractive device that isn't rushed to market full of bugs then they should do well.

And I reckon there's plenty of people prepared to give them a punt simply because they don't want a shitty device running WP, iOS etc..
Not to mention the mighty Nokia having nothing to offer us anymore.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
A very big Majority never heard the name Maemo... or Meego... or Harmattan.
A very big Majority have never heard the name Oppo
A very big majority have no idea how big symbian has remained in Japan through the likes of NTT-Docomo.

If a troll screams on the interwebz and nobody listens, is he still a troll?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
A very big Majority never heard the name Maemo... or Meego... or Harmattan.
A very big Majority have never heard the name Oppo
A very big majority have no idea how big symbian has remained in Japan through the likes of NTT-Docomo.

If a troll screams on the interwebz and nobody listens, is he still a troll?
Yes, and that is the issue. Why not do something to change that while they finalize the product. I'm starting to think that this thread alone, score high on google) makes more users aware about jolla(exception finland) and that's a scary thought.

Maybe we should create an campaign and information a few more people. Jolla.nu is available.

Any suggestions?

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post

we have reached the 4th quarter of 2012 and we still don't know nothing on the upcoming Jolla device.
4th quarter is October-December.

How about creating a poster and put it up in front of a mobile store each.

"Ask for Jolla mobile... Brand new devices. Revolutionary! "

" you think you have a smartphone? You are not! Check out Jolla for the real deal"

"jolla is better than sex. Get it! "

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-09-11 at 06:13.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Yet somehow they have over 13,000 followers of their twitter. Anyone who is into meamo, meego, QT, mer will hear about Jolla sooner or later

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla