Got this email today in response to an email i sent yesterday:
------------------
Good Afternoon Mr Foxcroft

Thanks for your email.

We will be contacting all customers regarding the Out Of Bundle Charging who are able to cancel their accounts before the close of Business today.

Customers who are unable to cancel will be notified in writing.

I'd like to thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Emma Timson

Emma Timson
Directors Office
E-mail: vodafonedirectorsoffice@vodafone.com
Vodafone Limited
Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire. RG14 2FN

I bought the N900 in December last year, received 3 texts this month about nearly using up my download allowance.

So I sent a stock letter from this thread with a few personal touches, up'd my usage by another gig and today I got the text sorry to see you go! I guess i got lucky, didnt have to phone 'em at all.

Wanted to say thankyou, because this community has proved it is worth its weight in gold (or in this case, pounds sterling).

Oh and unlike my brief affair with Vodafone im not going anywhere!

Just got a phone call from Andrew at Vodafone.

3 options.

1. cancel contract from midnight tonight... rest of contract disregarded.

2. get a puk? code and when activated... rest of contract disregarded when code activated... can request new code if code expires, deal remains.

3. disregard current contract, take out new contract with new phone and with 1.5 GB data...

I chose option 2.

Goog luck guys

I couldn't find enough people/info to support giffgaff so I went with the option of disregarding the contract, and signing up to a 12 month sim-only deal with Voda for 600 mins, unlimited texts, and 1.5GB data for £17.50 a month.

Given the most I can get with the major players is 1GB, it seems like a pretty good deal.

I still need a lot of data usage, so i'm getting a 15Gb 3g data sim and dongle from 3 mobile for £15 18 month contract. so you can get more data but not with an all-in contract.

giffgaff looks really good, bristoldave why'd you need support to go for it?

I have signed up gonna test their sim out, 3G coverage is apparantly linked to O2's and their offers are v.very good for PAYG, if it pans out i'm gettin the wifey onboard too!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i have been trying for most of the evening to get my GiffGaff sim registered wihtout success.

a poor start.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worcester
I have had a phone call from Vodafone earlier today. I chose a new phone and new contract, unlike many of you I have not sent a letter I just emailed the directors office on the 28th and re-sent it yesterday.

So I would say to anybody fretting about not having sent a letter to give it a crack, somebody reads the e-mails.

vodafonedirectorsoffice@vodafone.com

Well it's nearly midnight and i've heard nothing from them today.

Seems like another phone call to them tomorrow is in order.

Might aswel send another email to them again aswel.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Got this email today in response to an email i sent yesterday:
------------------
Good Afternoon Mr Foxcroft

Thanks for your email.

We will be contacting all customers regarding the Out Of Bundle Charging who are able to cancel their accounts before the close of Business today.

Customers who are unable to cancel will be notified in writing.

I'd like to thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Emma Timson

Emma Timson
Directors Office
E-mail: vodafonedirectorsoffice@vodafone.com
Vodafone Limited
Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire. RG14 2FN
I got the same email. I did not hear from them yesterday either. So i guess that means they will write to me to tell me I cannot cancel. To which I will either be able to do nothing (need to see their reasoning) or to cancel my direct debit - threaten to report them to Ofcom and see what the consequences are.

Tossers.

Tags
vodafone con